Knight in shining whatever

Your pov.

I mindlessly stroll down the now empty hallways of the high school. I have been waiting here for three hours and Will was still nowhere to be found. He has been skipping rehearsal for the last week and I have pretty much had it up to here with him.

I walk out of the school and rush over to my car. I just want to go home take a long relaxing shower and go to bed but my car has other plans. I turn the key a few more times hoping the car would start. "Oh come on." I shout grabbing the flashlight from under the seat and opening the car door.

I walk over to the front of the car. With a bit of a struggle I open the hood. "What the hell." I mumble to myself while pointing the flashlight at the empty spot where my car battery should be.

I pull my phone out of my jean pocket. Out of habit I dial his number. Completely ignoring the fact that it's an our before midnight and he is probably fast asleep.

"Hello y/n. Is everything okay." Derek's sleepy voice echoes in my ear and I can't fight the little smile that creeps onto my lips.

"Hey Der, um I am at the school and someone stole my battery and now my car-"

"Okay y/n just wait inside your car and lock the doors I am on my way." He states before hanging up.

I put the phone back in my pocket and I close the hood. My hands rest on the cold surface. What the hell am I thinking. I shouldn't have called Derek to come and help me. I should've called my dad or my brother even my weird uncle Joe would be fine. But why the hell did I call Derek.

It's not that bad. I think to myself. It's not like I am totally in love with my best friend and lately every time I am around him I act like a freaken eight grader acts around her crush. It's not like I find myself constantly thinking about him.  I certainly don't get butterflies when he hugs me. Or freak out a little inside when he calls me by my nickname.

This is silly. I fight back against my thoughts. This is Derek. My best friend since like forever. This is nothing more than a little school girl crush, soon all these feelings will just fade away and it can go back to normal. Besides even if this was more than a school girl crush -which it is not- Derek is so completely and utterly our of my league.

I open the car door and get inside closing the door behind me. As soon as I'm comfortable I turn to the door to lock it. I shout in terror jumping up and swiftly moving to the other side of the car. The figure stands there staring at me from behind the window. It's too dark outside to see it's face but I'm guessing.

Like magic the figure just disappears. Darkness surrounds my car and I can't see anything except the street lights shimmering in the distance. I can't find the flashlight and my phone slipped out of my hands when I shifted to the other side of the car.

Fear creeps up my spine. My heart starts racing. What the hell is going on. My shaking hands search for my phone as my ringtone fills the car. I finally find it under the passenger seat. "D-D- Derek." I stutter uneasy swallowing hard to fight back the tears.

"Y/n what's wrong." Derek asks worried.

"De- Derek I'm scared." I say even more on edge knowing that whatever or whoever it was could still be out there. The door behind me flies open and before I have time to grasp what is happening two hands wrap around my waist roughly pulling me out of the car.

I hear Derek's voice traveling from my phone before I get thrown over the car hitting the ground with an unexplainable force. Pain immediately spreading through my body. My head hits the cement first and I feel this tingling feeling as what I assume to be blood runs over my forehead.

I should run. I know I should run but I might be in shock since the more I try to move the less I actually do move. I try to push myself up but there are two extremely strong hands forcing me back to the ground. I can't see anything. I can't see what or who is pushing me down.

Soon two sapphire blue dots shine into the darkness. The eyes must belong to a werewolf. I'm guessing. Then I hear growling and the figure starts leaning forward. I can feel its warm breath on my neck sending shivers down my spine.

"No." I try to protest already knowing what's going to happen next but my voice is almost as weak as the rest of my body. The soft whisper didn't stop the figure. I scream out in both horror and pain as it's claws dig into my arms. I feel his canines touching my skin and I close my eyes preparing myself for what's to come.

Just as its teeth were about to sink into my skin he gets pulled off of me rather violently. Cars pull up around me. The lights illuminating the figures only a few feet away from me. Derek hovers over Theo as he throws punch after punch his way.

Scott appears in front of me, kneeling down so I can see his face. He then gently lifts me up from the ground trying to pick me up entirely, already turning me to walk towards the rest of the crowd consisting of Stiles and Lydia and The Sheriff all gathering in front of the cars.

But as soon as I am back on my feet I push past him my eyes focusing on Derek and Theo. "Derek.." I say softly really hoping he hears me. But he doesn't stop. "Derek." I say a little louder and this time his head shoots up to look at me.

My head starts to feel a little dizzy and I almost lose my balance. Derek is at my side in seconds and places both his hands on my hips. I smile through the pain. "Are you okay.." he asks as his eyes travel across my face. I nod swallowing hard.

"I thought I lost you." He says softly and my eyes start to become a little misty and my mouth refuses to form words. So in an attempt to reply I slowly shake my head left and right. He smiles. "I thought I lost you y/n." He repeats. I step closer to him and bringing my hands to his cheeks.

"I love you. " I whisper.

 I surprise myself by saying those three simple words. They slipped out of my lips before I could even think about the consequences. What is he doesn't love me back? What if this ruins our friendship? What if it ruins this perfect moment?  And then he surprised me.

"And I love you." He replies and I am about sure that there was a brief moment where my heart stopped beating. "So much." He adds and I giggle.

"So I guess this makes you my Knight in shining whatever." I say as the reality of the moment sinks in. He smiles as well.

"I guess it does." He leans forward. "I am your knight in shining whatever ." He whispers before kissing me.

I flinch when he accidentally touches my arms. He pulls away and gently pulls up the sleeves to look and the claw marks left in my skin. He takes my hand in his and places a kiss on my knuckles. "Let's go fix these up." He says and we both start walking towards the cars. Derek stops and turns to me after he opened the car door. He carefully helps me get in. "Princess." He says softly followed by a him winking at me before he closes the car door and I rest my head against the seat smiling like a complete and utter idiot.

...

xoxo.. *M