Seven

Cedric was gonna join the Tournament. My older brother Will had decided to try too. I wish I could try, but my birthday wasn't until early March.

Marco and I was both pretty bummed. When Dumbledore announce the Tournament, we really wanted to try and join but as I said, I turn seventeen in March and Marco's birthday is at the start of January.

How I wished I had been born a year earlier. Perhaps born to be William's twin sister instead of being his nine month younger sister.

"Oi!" Cam's voice rung in my ears as I walked past his group of friends in the hallways. I sighed and stopped in my tracks, turning to look at him with an unbothered look. "Morning, babe. How'd you sleep?"

Oh great. My boyfriend didn't bother to check up on me after the attack and hasn't talked to me since the day he left the campsite, but now that he's surrounded by his friends, he suddenly want to acknowledge me.

"Go fuck yourself." I told him, causing his expression to drop. I continued walking but he had pushed himself off the wall and hurried after me.

"Woah, hold up. Allie, what the fuck?" He asked and ran in front of me, jogging backwards while looking at me. "Why're you acting like that?"

"Acting like what?"

"Like a— like a bitch."

I stopped in my tracks again and scoffed, raising my eyebrows in surprise. Did he just call me a bitch?

"Did you just call me a bitch?"

He took a deep breath and held out his arms to hold my upper arms. "Wrong use of words. I didn't mean that. I'm sorry, you know I am."

I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you angry with me?" He asked. "I haven't done anything as far as I'm concerned."

"Exactly." I nodded. "You haven't done anything. I was just simply running from a death eater attack the day after you left with a note that by the way — was bloody pathetic. You know, I was stamped on by so many people. I'm really lucky that I didn't break any ribs but my skin is still blue and purple from the bruising. You didn't come to check up on me. You had two whole weeks and when we got back to school, you didn't even bother then. You're acting like nothing happened. I sure would've checked up on you if you had been nearly stamped to death."

Cameron didn't respond. He let his hands drop from my arms and after another few seconds of pure silence from him, I rolled my eyes and pushed past him, continuing towards the Great Hall for breakfast.

Marco had already left to go eat. I had taken a shower first but he promised to wait for me so neither of us had to eat alone.

Only during lunch is houses allowed to mingle. At breakfast and dinner, you'd have to stay seated at your own table.

"Oh c'mon!" Cameron called after me. "Baby, I'm sorry!"

I lifted my arm into the air and flicked him off as I turned a corner and made my way into the Great Hall, though I was stopped by George who was standing in the doorway. He pushed himself off of the door and smiled while approaching me.

"Hi."

"Hey." I smiled. "You and Fred were quite upset yesterday, huh?"

George shrugged and looked back towards the Gryffindor table where his brother sat, then he looked at me again.

"We're gonna try and submit our names anyway." He told me. "I was actually just wanting to see how you were doing. I wanted to ask you last night but never really got the chance. How's the bruising and the pain?"