Eleven

The students from Beauxbatons had chosen to sit with our house at our table. It made Marco quiet nervous. He was fidgeting a lot, not wanting to embarrass himself because he was scared that would ruin his and Will's chances of finding someone who was willing to have a threesome with the two.

The Beauxbatons students were gathered at one end of the table, the opposite one than where we sat, and they were looking around the Great Hall, taking it in.

Viktor Krum and his fellow students from Durmstrang entered the Great Hall, deciding to sit with the Slytherins, even though Ron was trying to get their attention and get them to sit with them.

Durmstrang looked a lot happier than Beauxbatons.

The staff entered the Great Hall and headed straight for their table where Filch had just put up extra chairs. Dumbledore, Karkaroff and Madame Maxime walked as last and the students from Beauxbatons, stood up as soon as they saw their headmistress.

Some of the students from our school laughed at that but the Beauxbatons students didn't see to care. They didn't sit back down until Karkaroff and Madame Maxime had sat in their seats. Dumbledore though, stayed standing.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and — most particularly — guests." Dumbledore spoke into the Great Hall. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable."

One of the Beauxbatons girl let out a laugh at that comment and next thing, Granger voice was heard.

"No one's making you stay!"

Well isn't this cosy.

"The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast." Dumbledore continued, ignoring Granger and the girl from Beauxbatons. "I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home."

As usual, Marco dove in pretty quick. He sat across from me and received some pretty nasty looks from Cameron to sat next to me.

I have to break up with him.

"These are so good." Marco groaned after he ate one of the apple fritters instead of starting off with some actual food.

"Yeah?" I grinned and reached for one myself but Cameron grabbed my wrist, causing both Marco and I to look at him.

"Are you aware of how unhealthy they are?" Cam asked. "There're tons of sugar in them."

"Let go of her wrist." Marco said in a calm tone, keeping his eyes on where he had his hand. "We wouldn't want you losing a hand."

Cameron looked at Marco, then slowly let go of my hand and I withdrew my hand to rub my wrist which was burning from how hard his grip was.

"Here you go." Marco said as he grabbed two apple fritters and put them on my plate. "You should try the bouillabaisse. I certainly will. Earlier when I was sucking William off—"

My eyes widened at his words and I felt like choking on my own breath.

Thanks for that piece information.

"...he was telling me how good it tastes."

"Marco." I spoke, earning his attention. He hummed and looked at me as he shoved some mashed potatoes into his mouth. "First of all, please don't mention sucking off Will. I don't need that visual in my head. Second of all, yeah, it tastes good. We tried it when our family went to France for the holidays a few years ago."

When the meal was over and the golden plates were suddenly empty, Dumbledore stood up. Two more people had joined the staff's table throughout dinner, and one of them I recognised to be Mr Crouch who worked for the ministry.

"The moment has come!" Dumbledore spoke, his voice echoing through the Great Hall. "The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket just to clarify the procedure which we will be following this year. But firstly, let me introduce, for those who do not know them, Mr Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Co-operation, and Mr Ludo Bagman, head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports.

There was a round of applause for the two men who were just introduced.

"Mr Bagman and Mr Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months on the arrangements for the Triwizard Tournament." Dumbledore continued. "And they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime on the panel which will judge the champions' efforts. The casket then, if you will, Mr Filch."

Filch approached from the corner where he had been standing, carrying a wooden chest. It looked quite old. Students started murmuring, feeling curious as to what was in the chest. Marco scoffed at it and shook his head. He looked bored.

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr Crouch and Mr Bagman." Dumbledore said as Filch played the chest carefully on the table. "And they have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge. There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and they will test the champions in many different ways... their magical prowess — their daring — their powers of dedication — and, of course, their ability to cope with danger."

The Great Hall was completely silent. Everyone were listening and it was weird to not hear even one single voice.

"As you know, three champions compete in the Tournament." Dumbledore explained. "One from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three, will win the Triwizard Cup. The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector... the Goblet of Fire."

Dumbledore pulled out his wand and tapped it three times on the chest, which caused it to open slightly. He reached in and pulled out a large cup, full of bright blue flames. He placed it on the floor, visible for everyone as he continued speaking.

"Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly open a slip of parchment, and drop it into the Goblet." He said. "Aspiring champions have twenty-four hours in which to put their names forward. Tomorrow night, Halloween, the Goblet will return the names of the three it has judged most worthy to represent their schools. The Goblet will be placed in the Entrance Hall tonight, where it will be freely accessible to all whose wishing to compete. To ensure that no underage student yields to temptation, I will be drawing an age line around the Goblet of Fire once it has been placed in the Entrance Hall. Nobody under the age of seventeen will be able to cross the line. Finally, I wish to impress upon any of you wishing to compete that this Tournament is not to be entered into lightly. Once a champion has been selected by the Goblet of Fire, he or she is obliged to see the Tournament through to the end. The placing of your name in the Goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract. Please be very sure, therefore, that you are whole-heartedly prepared to play, before you drop your name into the Goblet. Now, I think it is time for bed. Goodnight to you all."

Immediately, students got up to leave and so did Marco, Cameron and I. Cam insisted on holding my hand and though I was uncomfortable, I didn't dare to pull it from him.

"An age line!" Fred's voice echoed through the room. "Well, that should be fooled by an ageing potion, shouldn't it? And once your name's in that Goblet, you're laughing — it can't tell whether you're seventeen or not!"

Marco and I exchanged a glance and once we both started grinning, we knew we shared the same thought.

"But I don't think anyone under seventeen will stand a chance." I heard Granger's voice as she walked with Ron and Potter near where Fred and George walked too. "We just haven't learned enough."

"Speak for yourself." George said. "You'll try and get in, won't you Harry?"

"Dungeon tonight after curfew?" Marco whispered to me and I hummed in response, grinning widely.

"We're gonna smash it."