Thirty-five

"You are going to kill it!" I said, jumping around on my feet while Cedric watched me with a concerned look. "You are going to smash it, Ced! Smash their heads in. Like this."

I closed my right hand and hit my other palm to show him what I meant and when I stopped jumping, I looked at Cedric who stood there with his eyebrows raised.

"Are you high?"

I laughed and walked over to place my hands on his shoulders, giving them a squeeze.

"I'm telling you that I believe in you." I said. "I love you and you're the only one I'm cheering for. Well, I secretly have to cheer for Potter too because he's friends with my boyfriend. Wait, no— is he friends with George or is he just his brothers friend?"

"I have no idea." Ced responded, shaking his head. "But are you quite alright?"

"Mate, I am loving my life right now!" I told him with a big grin. "And you are going to win this thing, right? And then you'll buy me loads and loads of candy."

He raised an eyebrow at me, and I chuckled nervously as I let go of his shoulders. "I'm joking."

Today was February twenty-fourth. The day of the second task. I wasn't sure what the task was really about, just that it had something to do with the lake.

"Unless—" I continued but when Cedric laughed and shook his head, I pouted. "Well alright then. That's okay. I don't need your money anyway."

I flipped him off, using both of my hands, and my thumb. Marco says I'm weird for using my thumb when flipping someone off.

"Come here." Cedric grinned and reached out, grabbing my shoulder to pull me into a hug. "I love you too, Allie. With your enthusiastic cheering, I'm sure I'll win the task."

January was a great month. First we celebrated Eleanor turning thirteen. She got a firebolt from Will and I.

Then we celebrated Marco turning seventeen. I gave him this t-shirt which has a moving photo print on front of it of him and William when Marco during the summer forced him to kiss him. Marco acted like a little kid when I gave it to him, and William sighed over it. I think he's still pissed at me for giving Marco the shirt.

Giving Marco something like that is like giving him drugs. He hasn't stopped wearing it since. Well, he washes it sometimes of course but he wears it almost all the time when he doesn't have to wear a uniform.

Then my mum turned forty-one and I know that her four children are the most important people in her life, so I wanted to give her something with our names so she can have us close at all times.

George helped me make a necklace with a pendant that had our names carved into it.

Cameron also turned seventeen on the last day in January, and boy was he pissed when I didn't pay him attention. It's pathetic. He knows we're not together. He knows I've moved on, yet he continues to act like I owe him shit.

I haven't confronted him about what Parkinson told me, so he doesn't know that I know. When I do confront him, it'll be like dropping a bomb on him.

"You know what we should do?" I asked Cedric as I pulled out of the hug. "When you win this entire tournament, we should celebrate. Host a party and get drunk!"

"You've never been drunk before, Allie." He commented as I backed up.

"One time has to be the first." I shrugged. "Can you just promise me, yeah? When you win the tournament, we spend the summer at my house and we celebrate."