Ninety-seven

To say that breakfast that morning was awkward, was an understatement.

George almost forgot to eat. If it wasn't for me, reminding him, he would go hungry until lunch. He stared at Timothy, his jaw tense and his eyes angry.

Fred was finding it amusing, looking between the two with a smile on his face. Timothy acted like George didn't exist and Marco and William were still arguing.

I had a hand on George's thigh, hoping it would calm him down but he stayed tense, staring at Timothy like he wanted to kill him.

No one but Marco and William were talking and it wasn't until all the grownups had left the room, that Fred then spoke.

"I went on a midnight stroll last night." He said, casually taking a bite of his ham and cheese sandwich. "Saw something I shouldn't have in the kitchen, hurried to the entrance hall to not get caught, though a certain blue haired lad caught me and we had a little chat."

Oh?

Oh!

"You saw it?" George asked and sat up straight. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me?!"

By now, Marco and William had both stopped talking to see what was going on and so had everyone else at the table.

Ron, Potter, Granger, Charlotte, Eleanor, Robin, Ginny and Carrington.

They were all sitting here.

Fred and Timothy were the ones I could hear talking last night.

"I wanted to see if she'd tell you herself." Fred said. "I assume she did. Why are you still with her?"

What?

"I didn't do anything wrong." I defended myself. "Why are you acting so hostile towards me?"

"I'm not acting hostile." He scoffed. "I saw you and Timothy kiss. He even confirmed it afterwards."

George looked at me with a frown while I looked at Timothy.

"What did you tell him?"

Timothy didn't say anything.

"Do you often kiss other people's girlfriends?" George asked. "Or was it just Allie? I don't know what you told Fred, but she—"

He motioned towards me.

"... told me you kissed her and she didn't kiss back. I trust her. I know she's the one saying the truth."

"Wait a second—" Marco sat up straight and held up a hand.

"You didn't kiss him back?" Fred cut him off as he looked at me.

"No I didn't you dumb rat!" I exclaimed. "Why would I do that? What gave you the idea that I'd actually cheat on him?"

"Well, I don't know." He shrugged. "In the films, they always kiss back and then there's all this drama."

I placed a hand over my forehead as I let out a sigh.

"Fred... you've watched too many films."

I know because he did nothing but watch films at my place.

"Can we pause for a second?" Marco asked and looked at his brother. "You kissed her? Allie? You kissed Allie? First you kiss my boyfriend and then you kiss five's girlfriend."

"Marco—"

"Now I know why you've always had an attitude towards her." George cut off Timothy. "You've had a thing for her all this time."