Fifty-seven

Marco and I helped George to bed that night before we ended up leaving as some of the last people. William still hadn't been back with the results of the drink, so Marco and I just went to bed for the night.

The next morning, I woke up pretty late, considering that we had gone to bed at around three or four in the morning. It was Saturday so it wasn't really a problem because we didn't have any classes on weekends.

"How are you feeling?" Marco asked me as we met in the common room that morning. By late, I'm talking seven in the morning. Normally we're up around six, but today is an hour later.

"I'm tired." I chuckled, running a hand over my tired face. "Are you hungover? You had quite a lot to drink last night."

"Nah." Marco grinned, leading the way out of the common room. "I feel pretty fantastic considering the incident with Cedric and my face being completely fucked up."

"Yeah." I agreed, looking at him. "Doesn't look good. Your cheekbone and your lip looks swollen."

Marco smiled at me, wrapping his arm around me like he usually did.

We took the quick way to the Great Hall. We joined William, Fred, George and Lee by the Gryffindor table. It was Saturday so we were allowed to sit at each other's tables.

I sat between Fred and George like I usually did when we ate together, and Marco sat down between Lee and William.

George had an elbow propped up on the table, resting his head in his palm. His eyes were closed but he opened them slightly when I sat down.

"Mornings." He smiled weakly. It was quite obvious that he was hungover.

"Good morning." I repaid the smile, placing my hand on his thigh underneath the table. "Maybe we should go down to the dungeons after breakfast and make you a potion that'll make you feel better."

He chuckled softly and went to respond when William threw a slice of bread onto the plate in front of me.

"I analyzed your drink from last night." He said, earning the attention from the five of us. "Turns out it had Amortentia in it, mixed with rum."

That made George sit up straight. He ran a hand over his face, frowning.

"What?" I laughed. "Cedric didn't—"

"Guys." Cedric's voice earned our attention as he reached the table from where Fred sat. He leaned on the table and looked at the six of us. "Did you hear that Cameron was let back earlier because his dad has some dirt on Dumbledore? I just heard it from Abbott. He got back yesterday."

When none of us responded, he looked around at the six of us before straightening up.

"Why are you all so pissed?" He asked. "Did you all get out of bed on the wrong side?"

"Why are we pissed?" George scoffed and went to add something when Marco did instead.

"What happened to your face?" He asked. "It's— normal. What happened to your split lip or your swollen eye?"

Cedric shoved his hands into the pockets of his trousers, staring at Marco with an odd expression.

"I've got a better question." George said. "Why did you try to drug my girlfriend with Amortentia?"

"Woah!" Cedric exclaimed, looking at George. "What's wrong with you all? Why are you throwing accusations at me?"

"Were you that drunk?" William asked as I ate some of my bread. "You don't remember giving Allie a cup that you told her had firewhisky in it when it was really rum with Amortentia? You don't remember spilling that drink on her and then fighting with Marco before you left the party?"