Sixty-eight

"Allie!" Fred called, causing me to spin around to see him jog towards me. "I need to talk to you."

"Right now?" I asked. "I'm on my way to Arithmancy."

"It's important." He told me. "It's about George."

That made me stop in my tracks, my eyebrows knitting together into a frown as I watched his face for any kind of hint as to what he wanted to tell me.

"Can we talk in here?" He asked and backed up towards one of the cupboards in this castle. He pushed open the door and I tilted my head to question it.

"Why is it that conversations always has to take place in a cupboard?" I asked. "Is the hallways that bad? The corridors? How about the outside areas? No?"

"Can you just get inside?" He asked. "I don't want everyone to hear this."

With a dramatic sigh leaving my mouth, I marched into the cupboard, Fred following me, closing the door behind him.

I pulled out my wand.

"Lumos."

A light appeared at the end of my wand, and I held it up between us so I could see his face and he could see mine.

"Is George okay?" I asked. "I just saw him at lunch and he seemed fine."

"Oh, I'm sure he's fine." Fred nodded. "But I uh— I think I caught him doing something on our birthday and I didn't know if I should tell you because he's my brother but then again — If it was me, I would want to know."

I cocked an eyebrow.

"I think he cheated on you."

Immediately I let out a laugh before I frowned at him. "Are you alright, Freddie? You know Georgie. He'd never do that."

"Yeah, I didn't think so." He shook is head. "But then I came up to the dormitory to see if you were there. If you were with George. I needed to speak to you about something—"

Oh...

He thinks... oh!

"... I didn't know you had gone to Hogsmeade and he gave me this stupid explanation of being in the middle of reading. He didn't want to let me in and when he opened the door, he only opened it a tiny bit. He wasn't wearing a shirt and boy was obviously fucking horny because—"

"Okay." I interrupted him, with a small laugh. "Fred, that— I didn't go to Hogsmeade. I was in the room with him. He was just messing with you to get you to go away."

He frowned.

"What?" He asked. "Well, why didn't he just say so? Think I'd want to enter the room if I knew you two were getting down and dirty?"

"Don't ask me. George's the one who went and got rid of you." I said. "But what did you want to talk to me about on your birthday? You never said anything later on."

"Right." He breathed. "Yeah, uh— I firstly asked Marco but he told me to go talk to you because you helped him find out that he liked William and I'm having all of these feelings that I am very confused about."

What?

He's...

What?

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" I asked. "Okay. Alright. I'm skipping Arithmancy. I've prepared for this since the day that you entered my life."

Fred frowned at me, obviously not understand what I was on about.

"Knox." I said, the light in my wand going out again. I opened the door, grabbed Fred's hand and dragged him out of there and towards the stairs.