One-hundred and seven

I was fuming when I left the Great Hall. I was walking quickly, making my way up the moving staircase while thinking about what just happened.

I was confused but also angry and I felt betrayed.

Carrington had been so nice during the summer and now she's all over my boyfriend while trying to make me look bad for some reason.

I haven't done anything. I don't understand it and I feel betrayed that she would even go after George, knowing I'm with him.

I'm her sister for Merlin's sake.

"Allie!"

Nope.

George had apparently decided to follow me when I left the Great Hall, but I'm really not in the mood for talking about what just happened.

He didn't jump in to defend me and he's got a stargazing planned with my sister.

Who goes stargazing with their friend?

I mean, I've done it with Marco before but we've been friends fo years. We're best friends.

George and Carrington met a few months ago, they're barely friends and then they decide to go stargazing?

Nope, I don't think so.

"Allie." George's voice was softer and closer to me, but I ignored him again and turned, pushing the door open to the third floor corridor. "Stop walking away from me!"

"Piss off!" I yelled, flipping him off as I hurried towards the other end of the corridor, through suddenly George had gotten a grip on my wrist and next thing I knew, I was being pushed up against the wall, his hand clamped over my mouth.

"That is not how we do this thing." He told me. "We don't ignore each other and we don't walk away from each other. We talk."

I grabbed his wrist and forced his hand away from my mouth.

"She was talking about you, wasn't she?" I asked, staring up at his face as he frowned. "In the library. Oh my god..."

I let out a laugh.

"I'm so stupid! What— you're not happy with me anymore? If you're not happy with me, you need to tell me so we can end this thing!"

"What are you talking about, Allie? Why would I not be happy with you?" He asked, trying to cup my face, but I pushed him away.

"Do you not remember the conversation in the library?!" I was panicking on the inside, scared to lose him because of her. "She told me she was in love with someone who had a girlfriend, then proceeded to say that he wasn't happy with her."

"So?" He frowned. "You think she was talking about us?"

"Well, I don't know George." I said, my voice full of sarcasm. "But the fact that she's now all over you, shows me that we were exactly who she was talking about!"

I watched as he pinched the bridge of his nose, but didn't say anything. Afterwards he just looked at me.

"Did you cheat on me?"

George looked taken back by my question, staring at me, almost in shock.

"You think I'd do that?" He asked before raising his voice. "That's how low you think of me?!"

"How am I supposed to think?!" I yelled back. "You have a stargazing date planned with my sister! We've been back at school for a week and you've been alone with her on multiple occasions!"

"And that must mean I've cheated, right?" He scoffed. "Maybe you're the one who's cheated, seeing as you're so quick to throw accusations around."

"Oh really?" I laughed, folding my arms over my chest. "And who would I have cheated on you with?"