Fifty-two

"Babe!" George groaned, ducking his head so he could slider underneath my book and get my attention. I bit my lip, trying not to give him the satisfaction of smiling but he could tell I wanted to. He smiled himself and pressed a kiss to my side as he wrapped his arms around me and laid between my legs. He nuzzled his nose into the material of my shirt, his voice lowering into a whisper. "Baby."

"George, I am reading." I said and looked down at him as he stared up at me. He let out a small chuckle against my shirt, then nipped at the material to lift it up. He pressed a kiss to my bare skin, then simply rested his head against my stomach, underneath my shirt. "You're an odd one."

"But that's why you love me, right?"

I chuckled and ran my hand down his back, holding the book with my other as I hummed in response. I kept running my hand up and down his back, giving him back scratches.

This morning I pulled out another one of the small notes from the jar he made me and the sentence that was written on the slip of parchment, absolutely melted my heart.

'I love how you make my heart skip a beat every time we kiss'

"Do you have a tattoo?"

My eyes widened at George's question. He pulled his head out from under my shirt and narrowed his eyes at me while I slowly closed my book and put it aside.

"Angel, is that a tattoo?" he started smiling widely. "You just turned seventeen. When did you get a tattoo?"

I can explain that...

I wrapped my legs around his hips, tugging him up towards me. He pressed a hand to the headboard and rested his forehead against mine. My hand closed around the material of his shirt and I kissed him softly, my other hand running into his hair.

"It's not really a tattoo." I whispered as I pulled away several seconds later, our foreheads still touching. "It's more like – ink that's stuck in my skin."

"So... a tattoo?"

I sighed and sat up, George moving with me. I unwrapped my legs from around him and instead got up on my knees, pulling my shirt over my head to show him the tattoo on the skin of my hip. How he hasn't seen it before, is a mystery.

"It's the harmony symbol." I said. "Allie means harmony so it's basically just the meaning of my name."

George glanced up at my face before he ran two fingers over the tattoo. I didn't really feel insecure about being topless right now. Sometimes I did, because sometimes I was more insecure about my body, but right now I didn't care. George didn't either. He never did. He said he loved my body and that I shouldn't feel insecure about it just because I don't look like all the models that are completely flat.

"It's silly, really." I breathed, shaking my head. "Marco did it. His dad did tattoos when he was younger and has the equipment in their cellar. Marco is good at drawing so he drew the design that I described and he then inked it on my skin."

"Why do you think it's silly?" he asked and looked at me again as I pulled my shirt back on and sat down. "I like it."

I smiled shyly, crawling into his lap to straddle his hips. He automatically grabbed my hips, sliding his hands underneath the material of my shirt.

"You can't tell anyone about it." I said, running my thumb over his bottom lip. "Marco is the only one who knows. My dad would kill me if he found out I have a tattoo."

"My lips are sealed." He grinned and leaned in to plant a kiss on my jaw.

"Just like my vagina." I blurted. George laughed against my shoulder while I mentally shot myself in the head. "I don't know why I said that."