Picnic (logicality)

TW: none!

Human au (and I also made it fall got some reason?? Idk.)

{Third Person POV}

Patton skipped up the hill in the park and up to the big oak tree ontop. Leaves crunched slightly under his steps, along with another pair of steps behind him.

"Patton, don't you think it's getting a little cold to keep doing picnics?" Logan asked from close behind, "Of course not!" He said, turning back to his boyfriend and walking backwards up the hill.

"Then when will it be too cold?" Logan asked, a small smile on his face, "When I see snow." Patton stated before slipping on his back and into a pile of orange and red leaves.

"Are you okay?" Logan asked as Patton stood back up, picking the wicker basket he had brought out for their picnic out of the pile. "I dunno, is the food okay?"

"Patton, don't worry about the food." Logan said, "You're jacket's probably covered in mud, let me see it."

"Lo, I'm sure it's fine." Patton said, but still turned around. Logan seen that the back of Patton's pale blue, almost white jacket, was now completly covered in mud on the back.

"Patton," he gently scolded him, turning his back around and unzipping his jacket. "It's covered in mud." He said, helping Patton out of the jacket, showing the grey T-shirt he was wearing underneath.

"Here, wear mine." He said as he took off his black jacket, showing his navy blue long sleeved shirt. "Thanks Lo." Patton said as they started walking up the hill once again.

Once they got on the top of the hill Patton handed Logan the basket so he could take out the old quilt he found in his attic.

It had colorful patches with barns, fields, skies, and animals stiched carefully and beautifully on each one.

He took it out of the basket and laid it on the leaf-covered ground, spreading and straightening it out so it looked neat.

"Okay, come sit." He told Logan as he sat on the quilt. Logan did and set the basket between the two and set the muddy jacket of Patton's next to him.

"Okay, so I brought juice boxes," Patton said as he took out a few juice boxes, "I also made mac and cheese," he took out a medium sized container of macaroni and cheese with plastic wrap on top, steam from the heat on it.

"Oh, mac and cheese with hotdogs actually." He corrected, "Hope that's okay."

Logan smiled at the other, feeling completely smitten with him as he brought out other containers with food. He watched as he spoke, not exactly hearing what he said but still happy at hearing his voice laced with excitement.

"-And I also brought some- Lo?" Patton questioned his boyfriend, who looked like he was staring off into space. He leaned over and waved his hand in front of his face.

Logan blinked as if he had just woken up and looked over at Patton, "I'm sorry, what were you saying?" He asked and Patton smiled. "I said I also brought some cookies."

"Oh, that's.." He searched for the right word, "..nice." He settled on the word and Patton giggled to himself.

"You're so cute." Patton said as he took out two empty bowls and two spoons. Logan felt himself turn red before changing the subject, "Well, um, why did you bring those?" He asked, gesturing over to the two bowls and spoons.

"To put the mac and cheese in!" He said and Logan thought for a moment.

"Patton.. wouldn't it just be easier to already have the macaroni and cheese in the bowls and not in the bigger bowl?" He questioned and Patton stared off in space for a second.

"Oh darn, you're right."

Logan chuckled, "But that's fine dear, maybe it's a good thing you didn't do that." He said as Patton spooned the macaroni and cheese in one of the bowls. "Hm, and why's that?"

"Well maybe we'll eat more then expected." He said and Patton smiled, "Honey, that's really nice of you to say, but I brought mac and cheese, sandwiches, poptarts, and a lot of cookies."

"Poptarts..?" Logan questioned and Patton nodded, handing him the bowl of macaroni and cheese with hotdogs. "Didn't you hear me?"

"Oh, um, no, not really." He mumbled, face red from embarrassment, "Why not?" Patton asked and Logan heard a mix of curiosity and teasing in his tone.

"I was.. thinking."

"Of?"

"..Of how pretty you are." He muttered and Patton grinned, "That's so sweet!" He gushed and Logan smiled down at the bowl of food.

Their picnic continued on, Patton making puns whenever he could, Logan rolling his eyes at them, but Patton could see a little smile on his face when he did.

Patton would then smile at the fact Logan secretly liked his puns and Logan would smile at him smiling. It would then become a loop of the two smiling at each other because the other was smiling.

After a while of the two just smiling Logan looked up at the sky, just noticing that the sun was starting to go down. "We should go," he said and Patton sighed, "Do we have to?"

"Well we don't have to, but we should." Logan said as he started putting their empty dishes back in the wicker basket. "Oh, fine."

The two packed up their things and started walking down the hill, trying to be careful to not slide down the mud.

Patton almost slipped a few times but Logan caught him each time, making sure he didn't get mud on his shirt or in his hair.

Patton slipped again, being caught by Logan just as before. "I know I probably don't say this a lot, but I love you." Patton said as the two walked again, Logan's arm around his waist so he wouldn't fall again.

Logan chuckled, "Patton, you tell me that everyday." He said. "That's not enough, you need to get told every second." "I'm glad you think that honey."

Patton smiled and stopped walking, Logan stopping next to him. "It's true." He said and leaned closer, giving his boyfriend a short, sweet kiss.

Logan kissed back but soon after Patton pulled away, smiling sweetly. The two then went back to walking to Patton house, comfortable silence all around them.

1119 words

And she writes!

It's literally been forever, but I do like this one.

Why has it been forever?

Well I haven't had much motivation and I started ANOTHER story.

It's demus and I'm actually really liking it so far.

If you want to know more, just let me know.

Anyways,

Bi~❤💛💚💙💜