Chapter 1 (prologue)

"Lia wait up!"

Lia turns around seeing Jisoo run towards her through the hallways of the high school. Jisoo stops, trying to catch her breath from running.

"Morning." Lia chuckles, watching her best friend.

"Have you heard about Seungmin?" Jisoo looks up at Lia.

Lia frowns shaking her head, she hadn't seen Seungmin in a few days thinking the incredibly smart boy had gotten ill. "No? Why? Did something happen to him?"

Jisoo nods her head. "So I heard from Luna that his sister reported him missing last week, no one has seen him since last Friday."

Lia's eyes widen, shocked to hear this. "What? Really?"

"They assume he has been kidnapped by that weird group that is going around the city or something like that. Because the last time he had been seen was with a stranger."

The two girls start making their way to class, not wanting to be late.

"That's so weird, what would people want from Seungmin? He is such a goodie two shoes, he would never do something that is against the law."

Jisoo rolls her eyes at Lia. "I know you have a big crush on him but everyone knows he has been hacking into the school's system."

"I don't have a crush on him."

"Yeah right, Seungmin is so smart. Seungmin looks so cute with his glasses, Seungmin did Seungmin that. Sure honey you aren't crushing on the missing nerd boy." Jisoo quickly enters the class room before Lia can hit her in the arm. Lia quickly follows, giving Jisoo a glare as they both sit down at their desks.

"I don't have a crush on him. He is way too young."

"It's only 2 years, age doesn't matter for crushes anyways."

(Somewhere in a police office)

"Another missing teen boy, this is the 8th in the past 5 years' sir." The man in suit places a new case file down on the desk.

"8 missing person cases and 1 missing body, all boys between the ages of 11 and 16." The man behind the desk frowns, picking up the file from the desk. "9 cases, 4 where a hooded or mask person is last seen with the presumed victim of the kidnapping."

The door to the office opens, revealing a stressed looking woman. "One of the missing boy's body has been found near the lake three days ago."

The man behind the desk stands up, looking at the woman. "Why do I only hear this now?"

"They had to do some research first to find out who the body belongs to as it has been in the water for at least a year."

"Which of the boys is it?" The man in the suit shifts his glance between the man and the woman.

"Kim Woojin sir."