Chapter 60

*Chapter mentions child abuse*

"Sir, you have a call."

"Alright." Jin-Young picks up the phone. "With Park Jin-Young of JYPE Industry what can I do for you?"

"Mister Park, you are speaking with Lee Soo-Man head of Seoul's police department."

Jin-Young frowns. "Hello sir, to what this phone call."

"I regret to inform you that there has been a shooting inside your home. We are currently interrogating your son about what happened and we will need you to come down to the station for the full report. Your children are here as well, waiting for you together with your son-in-law."

Jin-Youngs frown deepens, wondering why Chan would be at the station as well. "I will be there shortly. I would like to know what happened." He stands up and grabs his coat.

"Of course sir, you will get all the information we currently have when you arrive at the station."

"Thank you." Jin-Young quickly hangs up the phone, making his way to his car.

"Daddy!" Minjun jumps off Felix's lap and runs to his father, hugging the man's leg.

Jin-Young kneels down. "Are you okay? You didn't get hurt right?"

Minjun shakes his head, wrapping his arms around his father's neck. Jin-Young picks Minjun up before turning to Chan and Lia. "What happened?"

"Apparently two gunned men entered your house, sir." Chan states, actually having a feeling something isn't right because why wouldn't the security system work when it didn't get hacked.

Jin-Young frowns. "How could they have entered?"

Before anyone can answer the question, an officer walks over to them with Han-Sol right behind him. "I see you have made it sir. Please if you all would follow me to my office."

Jin-Young glares at Han-Sol before following the officer to a big office with enough seating place for the five of them, Felix staying outside to key an eye out in case there comes trouble for him and Chan.

Jin-Young pushes Han-Sol into his bedroom, closing the door behind him. "You useless piece of shit."

Han-Sol ducks as his father throws a lamp at him.

"Why couldn't you protect her? You should have been the one getting shot, not her." Jin-Young grabs Han-Sol by the collar, staring down into his son's eyes. "You're so useless. First, you failed to protect your mother and now you failed to protect the only mother figure your brother has in his life."

Tears fall down Han-Sol face as he just takes his father's beating, listening to what the man yells at him. He doesn't bother fighting or arguing back, knowing it's pointless.

"So fucking stupid and useless." Jin-Young spits before turning his back to his son. "I swear you should have been the one to pass, not Yuki."

Han-Sol slides down against the wall when his father finally slams the door shut on his way out, letting out the sob he had been holding onto the whole time. He knows he should tell someone about this but he doesn't want to risk it, he doesn't want Minjun to lose more people in his life.

"Mission failed sir, both your men were shot byPark Jin-Young's oldest son."