Chapter 53

"Why did you join Stray Kids?"

Jisung shrugs. "Had no other place to go."

"How so? I'm sure there were other options?"

Jisung shakes his head. "My family was all dead."

Miss A nods while frowning, something things were already not adding up. Because 3racha was formed before the Han house fire, Jisung still had his family. "You joined 3racha before the farm burned down right?"

Jisung nods, looking at the floor.

"So your family was still alive?"

Jisung shakes his head. "No, they were dead."

Miss A frowns deepens, getting slightly confused as it clearly states in all the documents that the Han family passed away due to the fire at their farm, not because of anything else. "What do you mean Jisung?"

"They were dead to me. They were not my family. They didn't want me so I don't want them." Jisung shrugs, making it sound as if it's the most obvious thing ever.

"So you left home to live with Chan and Changbin?"

Jisung nods, drawing a random pattern on the ground next to him.

"So you were never at the farm when the fire happened?"

"I was there."

Miss A tries to figure out what to say next, honestly confused about what the boy sitting in front of her is talking about.

"I was grabbing my stuff at night to leave, that's when the fire started. I started it."

Miss A's eyes widen, not having expected that. She read all about this case years ago but never did she expect to talk to the youngest son of the family, hearing him say that he was the one that started the fire because after the fire and police departments went through the house to look for a cause, it was ruled an accident. The only weird thing in the case was that Jisung was never found and that his older brother suffered a head injury, that might have come from a fall but no one knew for sure.

"I knocked over one of the candles, it was an accident. I just never bothered to tell them and just left the farm." Jisung smiles, looking up at Miss A.

Miss A feels a shiver run down her spine, never seen someone look that content with family passing away. Even the teens she helped that stabbed a parent to death, never looked this happy about their parent or family passing away.

Jisung tilts his head to the side, looking at Miss A innocently. "Everything okay?"

Miss A nods, struggling to figure out what to say. "Why didn't you wake them?"

"Why would I? They wouldn't have woken me up if there was a fire. If I was gone then they didn't have to worry about feeding and taking care of an extra person, I did them a favor now they don't have to worry about anything."

"Your older brother, he had a head injury when they were found. Did he hurt himself the day before?"

Jisung shakes his head.

"Then how did he get it?"

"I hit him with a baseball bat."

"Why?" Miss A just looks at the boy in shock because one she didn't expect him to be this open about what happened and two she didn't know he was this content with what happened to his family.

Jisung shrugs. "We had an argument about me leaving and he was getting too loud. So I threw the candlelight on the ground and hit him in the head with the baseball bat so he didn't tell our parents. That's when I grabbed my bag and left."