Chapter 40

Chan and Lia awkwardly walk through the streets of Seoul, trying to keep a distance between themselves while also staying close in case people spot them. Chan's looking at his phone, trying to figure out which way they have to go while Lia bites her lip, looking everywhere but at Chan. She quickly pulls her hand back blushing as their hands brush together. It's not because she likes Chan but more the fact that she has never been on a date before or held hands with someone that isn't family.

"We have to go right, I think." Chan looks to his left, frowning when he notices the blush on Lia's face. "You okay?"

"Uhm yeah, it's just. This is my first time going on a date." Lia looks down, feeling slightly embarrassed.

Chan's eyes widen as he realizes something. "Wait you never been on a date before?"

Lia shakes her head. "Never had a boyfriend either."

"So the kiss at the wedding... that was..."

"That was my first kiss, yeah."

Chan looks at her in shock, honestly feeling bad that he took her first kiss. Knowing that it was a kiss neither of them ever wanted to happen. "Oh, I'm sorry."

Lia looks up, giving Chan a small smile. "It's okay, I'm just glad you aren't an old man." She rubs her arm, looking away from Chan again.

Chan chuckles. "The kids would tell you differently though."

Lia giggles, nodding her head. The boys all have been calling Chan old, even Minho who is just a year younger. "So why you and not Minho?"

Chan shrugs, not really sure. "Probably because he is the one that started it."

"That's not surprising."

The two of them keep walking, trying to find the cute café that Chan wanted to go to. He hadn't been to the Rosé Café often but Jisung told him it was a nice place to have dinner and the place was familiar with mafia gangs in the district.

Lia smiles when she sees the café, recognizing it immediately. "How did you know that this is my favorite café?"

Chan turns to her with a confused look on his face. "It is?"

Lia nods, a bright smile on her face. "My mother always took me here when I was a kid. Pretty sure Han-Sol's friend's parents own the café as well."

Chan hums, that would explain how Jisung and Han-Sol were in a private room when he met the kid. "You should invite your mother over to visit one day."

Lia looks down as she enters the café while Chan holds the door open for her. Chan guides her to one of the tables, giving her a confused look as she stays quiet.

"I can't, my mother passed away in a car accident about a year after Minjun was born."

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know that. Oh god, I feel so stupid right now." Chan hides his face in his hands, feeling bad for bringing up Lia's late mother. He knows what is it like to lose a parent and he still doesn't like talking about it.

Lia reaches out for his hands, pulling them away from his face. "It's okay Chris, really. I don't mind talking about my mother, she wouldn't want me not to." Lia gives Chan a smile, pulling her hand back when she realizes she is still holding his hand.

"Can I get you something to drink?" The waiter smiles at them.

"Can I get the house special Rosé please?"

"I would like a sprite, thank you."

The waiter nods, writing down their orders before handing them the menu cards.