Chapter 61

11:00 p.m. on the night before Halloween (Location: Some graveyard in Seoul, South Korea)

"Channie hyung is going to kill us." Jeongin mumbles, holding onto Jisung's arm to not lose the other. They're walking over the graveyard, trying to find a grave.

"He won't Innie." Jisung carefully moves his flashlight around.

They both know they shouldn't be here as the graveyard is closed at this hour but they can't go and visit this grave at any other time without getting spotted.

"What if we have the wrong one?"

Jisung stops walking, pointing his flashlight at one of the tombstones in front of them.

'1998 – 2017'

Rest in peace our beloved son/grandson/brother

Kim Woojin

"Passed away too soon"

"Those are new flowers." Jeongin kneels down in front of the grave, looking at the roses laying on the ground. "Hyung doesn't even like roses."

Jisung takes a deep breath, looking at the grave. He was the reason why their hyung was now buried in the ground at a young age. "Luckily you have the flowers he likes."

Jeongin nods, laying the small bogue of pink tulips. "Hope you're not angry with us hyung. You knew what would happen right?" He bites his lip as tears fill his eyes. "Why did you do it hyung? Why did you let hyungs get hurt?"

The wind picks up, making Jeongin shiver.

"Why hyung? Why did you ruin our perfect little family?"

Jisung kneels down behind Jeongin, wrapping his arms around the younger boy who started crying.

*Flashback to Jeongin first time meeting StrayKids.*

"Woojin hyung! When will Channie be back?" Jisung tugs the older his sleeve.

Woojin sighs. "Soon Ji, he said he had some business to take care of."

Jisung huffs. "Whatever." With that the 14-year-old stomps out of the kitchen.

"Do not throw knives at him when he gets home! We have a mission this weekend."

"No promises!" Jisung yells back before throwing the door to his bedroom shut.

Woojin shakes his head, turning back to the stove.

"Is it safe?" Jeongin looks at Chan with wide eyes, scared to step into the giant house they are standing in front of.

Chan nods, giving the young boy a smile. "No one will hurt you here."

"You sure?"

"On purpose." Chan opens the door, carefully pushing Jeongin inside. "You will be fine Jeongin." His eyes widen as a knife passes right past his face.

"It slipped."

"Jisung! I told you to not throw a knife!"

Jisung laughs, running over to Chan. "Hi hyung, fancy seeing you here."