Chapter 43

June runs his hand through Minho's hair, trying to calm him down some more. Minho had randomly showed up at his apartment, looking all angry, and spent the first 10 minutes of being there ranting about how pissed he is with Chan about the mission and that he is worried about Suga probably having found out his identity.

"Feel a bit better Moon?"

Minho just hums, closing his eyes.

June chuckles, turning on the television so that they have some background noise while they just relax.

"Breaking new. Lee Minho has been found. The missing teen who disappeared around 5 years ago has finally been spotted by the police. The teen turns out to be LeeKnow, a member of mafia gang Stray Kids."

Minho immediately sits up, shocked they are this quick to put it out. Sure he had expected it but this is quick. June wraps his arm around Minho's waist, rubbing his side. He isn't sure what to say currently to Minho.

"We are currently at location, here to speak with the boy his parents."

"No, just turn it off June."

June frowns, trying to find the remote but fails as it has fallen off the couch.

"Excuse me, mister Lee we have some questions regarding your son Lee Minho who has been found by police officer Suga last night."

Mister Lee nearly rolls his eyes, not in the mood to talk about his disappointment of a child. He just wants to be able to leave for work.

"That child is no longer our son. He made that decision the moment he decided to disappoint us and run away from home. He has brought a lot of shame on our family and we no longer want to be associated with a criminal like him. They should arrest him and lock him up for good."

The reporter looks at the man in shock, no one stops him as he steps into his car and drives away. "Uh, that was what mister Lee has to say about the situation. The police unit has stated that they will be looking into the case more and come out with more details when they have them."

June finally manages to find the remote and turns off the television immediately. Minho just sits there frozen on the couch, staring at the television.

"Moon? Are you okay?"

Minho doesn't respond, breathing heavily.

June frowns, not sure what to do. He has never seen Minho in a state like this.

Tears start falling down Minho's face, making June worry even more as this is only the second time he sees Minho cry.

"Hey hey it's okay Moon, it will be okay." June carefully takes Minho's hand in his own as he kneels down in front of Minho.

Minho shakes his head. He knew his parents hated him, he knew they saw him as this big disappointment but he never expected his dad to say what he said on live television. He had tried so hard to please his parents throughout his entire life, he just doesn't understand where things went this wrong. Sure he fucked up by fighting in school but he had his reasons. "I shouldn't have been born..."

June's eyes widen as he shakes his head. "Hey, baby don't say that. I'm so sorry your folks are like that but you're not a disappointment. You are literally to love of my life, you have helped all the skz kids. You're such a great person, don't let that asshole's words get to you baby." June carefully wipes the tears that keep falling down Minho's face, not wanting to cause more panic in the boy by touching him too much.