Firsts | S.S.

"Hey, Teen Vogue, I'm Sadie Sink." Sadie smiled and waved to the camera.

"And I'm y/n l/n and we will be sharing with you some of our firsts." You smiled.

First Audition For Stranger Things

"The audition process for Max, ugh. I wanna say it took place over... over a month." Sadie answered. "I think at one point they thought I was gonna be too old."

You let out a laugh causing Sadie to glare at you.

"Sorry. Sorry. Continue." You waved her off.

"Anyways. As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted." Sadie said and you smiled. "They let me audition again and then we did a chemistry read and I got there and we were all the same height and the same age and they had nothing to worry about."

"My audition process took about 2 weeks. I went in and I was really nervous, I was like sweating and shaking in my seat. But I guess I did good because a week later I got a callback and then I got the part." You answered.

First Big Stunt

"In season one there was a scene where I had to jump off a cliff. They put me in all these wires and stuff and then I just had to like hang there for 15 minutes. It was really scary. I was terrified." You said.

"Why didn't you just... get a stunt double." Sadie asked.

You looked at her, trying to think of a reason why. "You know..."

She laughed before answering the question. "There's a scene in season three where, like, Billy punches me across the face." She laughed.

"Billy, please. I'm Max. I'm your-"

"Stop!" Sadie cut you off by hitting you in the shoulder.

"Ow!"

"Anyways. So that was a stunt, I guess, but the real heavy stunts come in season four." Sadie said.

First Thing People Get Wrong About Me

"The first thing that people get wrong about me. Probably my age, maybe. People recognize me from the show when I was like 14 or 15 on it. They think somehow they've aged, but I haven't. But I have." Sadie laughed.

"The first thing that people get wrong about me is..." You trailed off trying to think of an answer.

"They think that you're nice."

Your jaw dropped as you looked at her.

"That was so rude and uncalled for." You said.

She laughed and rubbed your shoulder. "I'm kidding."

"People get my height wrong. They see me in public and they go 'you're taller than I thought'." You said.

First Day Of Shooting Stranger Things

"Oh my God, I was so nervous for the first day of shooting. Being on like a TV set as big as Stranger Things was very intimidating. The first scene was where I'm in my Michael Myers costume. And then I jump from the bushes and I scare the kids." Sadie smiled before looking at you. "This one got scared in real life."

"I didn't know when you were gonna jump out." You defended as she continued to smile at you.

"I remember watching season one, like the week it came out because all my friends were watching it. I think I watched it in like two days or something like that. Like I did not leave my room." Sadie continued.