You Belong With Me | S.S.

The day you found out your step sister was dating your best friend was the worst day ever. Sadie has been your best friend since the two of you were 4 and you've had a crush on her since you were 13. 

You knew everything about each other and had everything in common. You were pretty sure she liked you back and you were pretty sure she was your soulmate. Romantically and platonically.

When your mom married your stepdad you invited Sadie to the wedding and she really hit it off with Brooke, your stepsister.

You weren't jealous or anything, well maybe a little, but Brooke was the most spoiled, selfish, toxic person you have ever met. Sadie doesn't deserve to be with someone like that.

Every single one of Brooke's relationships have ended with her cheating. Sadie and Brook have been dating for about 8 months and just as you predicted, Brooke was treating Sadie like shit.

Brooke was pacing around the room and yelling on the phone because of a joke Sadie made. You were sitting on the couch in the living room, doing something on your phone and pretending not to listen.

Brooke let out a groan as she hung up the phone and plopped down on the couch right next to you. "I can't believe her."

"Brooke, I was with Sadie and she meant it as a joke. I don't think she meant to hurt you." You told Brooke with a small shrug.

"Of course you would take Sadie's side." Brooke rolled her eyes as she got off the couch and went into her room.

...

Later that night you were on facetime with Sadie and playing her your favorite artists new album. You were halfway through the fifth song in the album when Brooke barged into your bedroom.

"Y/n, turn that shit off before I rip off my ears!" Brooke yelled at you before leaving your room and slamming your door shut.

You paused the music and slowly looked at Sadie who was looking at you with a small smile.

"Well, isn't she a delight." Sadie sarcastically said causing you to laugh.

"Yeah." You smiled and slightly shook her head. "Try living with her. I don't know how you date her."

Sadie shrugged. "It got easier after a while."

"Really? We've been living together for almost a year and she's still making my life a living hell." You told Sadie.

Sadie smiled at you. "Well, thank you for showing me that lovely album but I got to go. Are you gonna come to the game tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." You nodded at her. "If Brooke isn't with you every waking moment and showing you off like you're her girl toy."

"I'll tell you what, y/n/n. Tomorrow after the game, you and I will hang out. Just the two of us." Sadie promised you.

"No controlling girlfriend?" You clarified.

Sadie chuckled before nodding as a confirmation. "No controlling girlfriend."

"Great." You smiled. "See you tomorrow."

"Love you. Bye." Sadie said.

"Bye. Love you, too." You waved before hanging up.

...

The next morning when you went downstairs to eat breakfast, Brooke was already in the kitchen eating a banana. You opened up the pantry and pulled out some cereal before going into the fridge to get milk.

As you put the cereal and milk on the table, Brooke looked you up and down before giving you a disgusted look. You looked at her before furrowing your eyebrows.