Nightmare | M.M.

Billy stood up from the floor and turned to face The Mind Flayer. The Mind Flayer went to attack El with one of its tentacles but Billy stopped it with his hands.

"No!" Billy shouted.

Max ran into the mall and stood at the entrance of Scoops Ahoy. y/n and Mike ran to stand next to her as they watched the scene unfold.

Multiple tentacles came out of The Mind Flayer and attached to Billy's abdomen making him yell out in pain. Billy fell to his knees with The Mind Flayers tentacles still attached to him. One final tentacle came out of its mouth and went straight into Billy's chest.

"Billy!"

Max gasped as she sat up in her bed. You woke up from the feeling of Max jolting awake. You sat up to see Max sitting there, panting and sweating.

"What happened? Are you okay?" You frantically asked as you put a hand on Max's shoulder.

Max took one final breath as she realized it was just another one of her nightmares. "Yeah, i'm fine."

"You don't look fine. You're sweating." You told her.

"I'm freezing." Max said.

"Was it another nightmare?" You asked her before glancing over at the clock to see that it was nearly 7:30 am.

"Yeah, but... it's okay. I'm fine." Max replied.

"Was it about Billy again?" You asked.

"y/n, i'm fine. Just drop it." Max exasperatedly said.

"You're not fine." You retorted. "You've been having these nightmares every night, waking up in a cold sweat, and you're constantly having headaches and nosebleeds."

Max looked into your eyes. "y/n, for the last time. I'm okay."

"Max..." You put your hand on her cheek and ran your thumb over her cheekbone. "It's okay not to be okay. You went through something that no one should ever have to go through. We all did but you're obviously hurting the most. I'm begging you, Max. Talk to me."

Max sighed. "I just... I feel so guilty. I feel like I should have pushed him away but I just stood there like a coward."

"You're not a coward." You shook your head. "There was nothing you could have done."

"If thats true then why do I feel so guilty?" Max asked you.

"It's survivals guilt, baby. Its normal." You said. "But trust me when I say you're not a coward and there's no reason to be guilty. Billy sacrificed himself for all of us. That was his decision."

Max let out a sigh as she leaned her head back on the headboard of her bed. "I have a headache."

"Lets go get you some Advil." You said as you stood up from Max's bed.

Max got off the bed and followed you out of her bedroom. You two passed by her mom, who was sleeping on the couch, as you walked into the kitchen.

You went into the cabinet and took out the bottle of Advil as Max leaned on the counter next to the sink. You opened up the bottle and handed her a pill.

"Thanks."

Max turned on the faucet and put some water in her hand. She threw the pill in her mouth and then swallowed the water that was in her hand.

She turned to face you as she wiped some water off her face with the back of her hand.

"Are you okay to go back to sleep? Because I'm really tired." You yawned.

"Yeah, lets go." Max nodded as she put her hand on your back and guided you back into her bedroom.

You two laid back in bed and got under the covers. Max stared up at the ceiling while you turned on your side.

"Y/n/n?" Max said after a few seconds.

"Hm?"

"I cant sleep." Max told you as she sat up. "I keep thinking about him."

You sat up and looked at her. A small smirk appeared on your face as an idea popped into you head.

"Maybe you need a distraction..." You seductively said as you leaned in.

A small smile appeared on Max's face as your lips touched hers. Without breaking the kiss, you put your arms around her neck as you leaned back on the bed, resting your back against the headboard. Max put her hands on your waist as she leaned over you.

Max kissed down your jawline and down to your neck. You tilted your head back so she could have more access as you felt her plant kisses all over your neck. Your breathing picked up as she started to suck and bite on your neck.

Max quickly pulled away from your neck at the sound of sirens entering the trailer park.

"Whats going on?" You asked.

"I dont know. But it cant be good."