49

Nowadays, when communication fails, the bugs only have a recording function and cannot achieve simultaneous transmission, so those people will come back to take the bugs away.

Everyone was worried, fearing that there was a second bug, so they searched the house.

Xiang Nanchuan didn't say anything and told them not to bother looking for it, because he "saw" that they only hid this bug.

While looking for bugs, a few people blocked the exits of the water heater and air-conditioning ducts in the house, and closed the doors and windows tightly. The entire living room was like a copper wall and an iron wall. Even so, they did not relax. They placed the flashlight in the middle, and spent their time back to back. All night.

At one o'clock in the morning, the call finally came.

Not long after, the sound of cars passing by was heard outside, and gunshots continued throughout the night.

Several people stayed up all night.

As the sky dawned, Xiang Nanchuan opened the balcony door and looked outside. Area A had returned to its previous state of martial law of "one post at three steps, one sentry at five steps", as if the scene last night was just a nightmare.

Xu Yuan and Mu Dong continued to stay at home, paying attention to Mayor Chen's movements in the neighborhood opposite. Chen Chong and Xiang Nanchuan went out to inquire about the news.

Xiang Nanchuan carried a backpack and walked downstairs. He found another old acquaintance standing nearby. He looked a little tired but still stood upright. When he saw Xiang Nanchuan, the soldier greeted him: "Mr. Xiang, good morning."

Xiang Nanchuan chatted with him for a few words, and learned from the words that the power outage last night was caused by zombie rats. They chewed through the wires and the power was out in all four districts.

The situation worsened after the power outage, and even emergency repairs took several hours.

Because it was dark and invisible, it was impossible to distinguish between living people and zombies. The scene was quite chaotic. Zombie rats were everywhere and took advantage of the darkness to bite many survivors.

"What's the current situation in Area C?"

The soldier wiped his face to make himself more energetic. His tone was a little heavy, "It's not good. I heard that there are tens of thousands of survivors bitten by zombie rats. Mr. Xiang, are you going to Area C today? That's okay. Be careful, there are still a lot of zombie rats hiding in the sewers."

"Thank you, I'll pay attention." Xiang Nanchuan took out a bottle of energy drink from his backpack and handed it to him, "If you feel sleepy, drink a little. It will make you feel more energetic."

The soldier was slightly stunned. He had discussed this magical drink with his comrades before. Currently, only those assigned to tasks can get a bottle. Those like them who stayed at the base all day were not lucky enough to drink it, but they didn't want to. Xiang Nanchuan gave him a bottle for free. The soldier took the drink and said with a naive smile: "Thank you, Mr. Xiang."

The soldier stared at Xiang Nanchuan's back and suddenly called him, "Mr. Xiang..."

"Is there anything else?" Xiang Nanchuan looked back at him.

The soldier hesitated to speak. He took a few steps forward, avoided others, and whispered: "The crystal core gun you gave me yesterday is already known to the higher-ups. Someone may be looking for you in the next few days. Why don't you avoid it?" avoid?"

Xiang Nanchuan glanced at the dark-skinned soldier in surprise. He didn't expect that the soldier would rather disobey military orders than remind him specifically.