Chapter 16~The Short Road

Edited!

Rin followed Obito into the woods, she trusted him for who knows which reason, he made her feel safe at some degree and his company made her happy.

However, she was still a bit embarrassed about last time, was she really snoring?

"Was it that loud?" She asked pouting with red cheeks, He glanced back at her as he walked a little faster, her reddened embarrassing face was cute too, adorable even, thought Obito.

"Was I snoring that loudly?" She asked with a depressing aura around her.

Obito laughed for a moment, Rin realised she really enjoyed the sound of it, she found his laugh cute, and the music of it was pleasing, it made her happy but only accentuated her desire to see his face making her sulk.

"Yes," He said softly when he calmed down. "Very, very loud, I told you nobody could sleep, didn't you notice their faces tomorrow morning!" He asked seriously.

Rin blushed from embarrassment looking away from him and hiding her face in her hands.

Obito didn't liked it, he found he was enjoying watching all those grimaces of hers and he hated she hided her face from him.

Rin noticed that her face was burning hot, it wasn't just embarrassment, it had been few weeks since she took a proper rest, she was tracked everywhere, and sadly they had been pretty active lately, if she could just find somewhere where to stay for a just a little while, then things would be better again, even for a night.

"Then it makes two!" He said suddenly.

"Huh?" She looked at him uncovering her face.

"Two times that i save your life."

"Why two?"

"The last time you were gonna get killed by the small guy, Sasori!" He said. "And now when you are lost I am saving you again!" He added. "You should keep it in mind!"

"I wasn't gonna die back then!" She protested.

"Oh really? It didn't seem like that to me!" He said mockingly.

"If this Sasori's attack was five seconds slower I could have dodged it my self!" She shrugged.

He looked at her shocked, or at least she thought since he wear a mask.

"I think that if he told you that he was gonna attack you, you could have even stop it!" He answered in a chuckle.

"Stop mocking me already!" Rin said sulking before laughing herself at how stupid her remark was, he looked at her surprised, then shook his head amused.

"Weirdo!" He said.

"You are more weird than me, with your lollipop mask!"

"Lollipop?? This mask have nothing to do with a lollipop."

Rin laughed. "I see someone's upset now," She chuckled.

"I am not even." He said before chuckling himself.

"And anyway, even if you had saved me last time, today is different, you are just showing me the way!" She sulked.

He looked forth again resuming his walk, and Rin pouted not knowing what he was thinking or what grimace he was having.

"Anyways, thanks." She said.

He glanced at her then forth again.

Rin was following him in the clumsy road trying not to fall, when she saw a snake, "hiii!" She screamed quietly, snakes always repulsed her, she hanged into the masked man's shirt looking left and right.