Chapter 52~ Guilt and Regret

Edited!

Her heart heavy with regret, Rin left the Masked Man's company, not accomplishing her duty a bit.

She wanted to talk to Akito, to treat his wound but she was feeling too tired, so much her ears were heating.

She went directly to her room, and leaned on her bed trying her best to find a solution to her problems.

In the end she couldn't close an eye for awhile, she was repassing in her head everything that happened with the Masked Lord so far and was obliged to admit that from his point of view, he was very kind, even from hers actually.

In the world full of treacheries, opportunities and lies they lived in, he was pretty correct, no. Even more, he was indulgent and kind.

To her at least, he broke Akito's hand.

"Do you know the masked man?" She remembered Kaiji asking her.

Then, there was his cloak, and his familiar pleasing scent. Rin blushed as she recalled herself caught sniffing his cloak.

'even when one had lost his memory, what's familiar will remain familiar.'

Rin ought to ask him about her past, he might be the only person who knows anything, instead she was ruining everything.

She remembered his aura, his mask, and his threatening chakra.

'what about Aki-chan's hand?'

Rin had nothing to say about that, the Masked Lord may have been in the wrong but man his position never allowed such open disobedience.

'and what about Aki-chan's feelings?'

Rin plunged her head in her pillow, Akito was an important person for her, but she just didn't saw him this way.

She didn't wanted to reject him, she didn't wanted to refuse Akito anything, she wanted to love him, even if she had to force herself for it.

But Rin knew that it would hurt him more than anything and it wouldn't do them any good, neither him nor her.

Her life was a mess, so Rin had already decided she would never goes into a serious relationship, were she to enter one, and the last person in the world she would want to ruin was definitely Akito.

She remembered how tenderly he had held her.

She could love him, he was kind and dependable.

'Aki-chan.'

::

It was past dawn when Rin left her room after taking a quick shower.

She was gonna take a walk, there was nothing for her to do now as her tasks didn't started yet, when she saw Akito by the Gate.

Rin looked at him from afar, the misty morning making only his silhouette noticeable, she rushed to him.

She wanted to inquire about his wound.

"Aki-chan," she said arriving by the Gate. "You're leaving?"

Akito, glanced over his shoulder surprised to see her. "Ayame-san," he said with a smile and only then did Rin noticed there was two other men.

Rin bowed to them muttering good morning, then to Akito.

This last nodded to the two men who seemed to be monks and they left them alone waiting for him in the distance.

"I will be back soon, in few days. I am just heading to the temple to cool my head."

Rin raised an eyebrow.