Chapter 66~ Blessing

Edited

A/n: Rewritten:

Rin jumped up from a tree to another, involuntarily speeding up, probably overwhelmed by excitation of finally leaving the Land of Fire successfully unnoticed by Border Anbu.

'I really did it.' She thought. "Akito, thank you.'

*Flashback*

The next morning after their conversation, Rin was leaving at dawn, when she met Yuri who came to her room.

The blond girl had spent the night crying over the fact Akito was engaged to someone else, of course Rin hadn't spelled a word of their conversation.

It was one of the guards who told his friend, who told his girlfriend, who told her friend who told Yuri.

Rin was just glad they didn't heard everything, but only part of the conversation, about Akito asking the woman Ayame to be his mistress or second wife.

Rin had dismissed the rumours but the story had already made many variant on only the few hours since it's spreading.

"You are leaving?" Yuri asked.

Rin smiled. "My contract is over. Kaiji freed me." She lied, her contract was over but she knew Kaiji intended to blackmail her, that's why she decided to do it first.

Yuri, looked sad and devastated, she was sulking at Rin for the majority of the night but now she came to talk to her.

Then her blue orbs filled with tears and she hugged the Kunoichi tightly. "Despite everything, you were always kind to me, thank you, but I will never forget Akito-sama, Is it wrong of me to love him this much?"

Rin's eyes widened at the younger woman's sincere words of love and hugged her back.

"I can't tell you what is the right thing to do, but I promise you it's gonna be difficult to love someone this far from you, I don't want be rude but I won't lie to you either, loving someone who is not of your range is a difficult thing. It can be painful sometimes, you would have to keep your head straight, and outlive hard times as well, if you are not capable to do that, then you must give up, you are pretty and young, you can find love away."

Yuri looked at her, tears flooding down her cheeks in Rin's embrace.

"But if you chose to keep loving him, then be ready for hardship, you may find it difficult to believe but I understand what you are going through."

Never before had she. But lately, she came to understand it, technically, she was no better than a peasant compared to the mighty Uchiha, and if Obito was never bound by clans restrictions before, today he became what he always was, someone out of reach, and to protect her or not, or because he was upset or not, he did showed her the difference between their ranks and power.

"Happiness can be at grasp if we work hard enough to achieve it and never lose hope." Rin smiled holding the woman's face between her hand.

Then they heard someone clearing his throat, it was Akito.

Yuri redressed blushing obviously. "Akito-sama."

Akito nodded to her then looked at Rin. "Ayame-san."

Rin looked at him and nodded.

"Can I speak to you in private?" He said looking at Yuri, she seemed hurt but nodded anyways and went to stand in the side.

"I am sorry, because of yesterday everyone heard of your plans." Rin said after a short silence.

"You have a sweet voice, you always had."