Chapter 53~ Unexpected Kindness

Edited!

Rin felt toxic Gaz in the air, she held her breath, knowing that she must have swallowed some, she discreetly used a sign to heal herself and extract the poison, her body regeneration was of help too.

Quiet as a mouse, she gripped her kunai.

The person who poisoned her walked by and went to catch the swaying Dakoto before she can fall and alert anyone, but that was a grave judgement mistake as he was crushed by her weight.

It only lasted for a moment, but Rin had vanished colliding against him and making him take few steps back, letting Dakota fall with a heavy thud, piercing him with her knife right through the heart, killing him at once.

The man spitted blood and life left his eyes, he fell on Rin and from afar it seemed they were embracing each others.

::

Even by the next afternoon, Rin's punishment was still on, she had to be punished for the whole day for just making fall an unbroken furniture and a safe vase.

All because The Masked Lord complained about it.

Rin looked at Dakota sulking.

"Don't look at me like that, your Punishment would be over if you had finished washing all the curtain yesterday night, instead you slacked off as soon as I slept." Said Dakota. "Not even having the delicacy to carry me inside, just to make me catch a cold."

Rin sighed exasperated, not that she haven't tried to get her inside, she couldn't budge her, well, a man litterally died because he was crushed by her weight.

But Dakoto wouldn't believe that, she believed she was big but not heavy and Rin certainly didn't had the heart -or the courage - to tell her that.

But if it was to be punished again, the Kunoichi almost wished she didn't healed her.

The previous night was difficult enough as it was, as she had to sneak the guy's corpse outside the palace burying him down the mountain after, studying his features, and taking any possession he had, to see to whom he belonged, all that had to be in the greatest speed.

In the end he was not a Root member, he seemed to belong to something entirely different. She ought to have let him alive but, she neither had Jutsu to read in people's mind neither had the luxury to capture someone alive in seek of informations.

Later, she brought the guards some snacks and made a genjutsu to make them believe they saw the man leaving, after of course, erasing all traces of the murder.

Rin had studied the man and was sure he didn't sent any messages, or at least she hoped so.

The best option was to leave now, even better since Akito was not there, even if she should attempt to Kaiji's life, Akito wasn't present so he wouldn't be punished.

But the only person who may know anything about her foggy past was the Masked Man and she hadn't asked him a single question yet.

How could a person like her lose her memory, this was stupid, she could have made new enemies she forgot about now.

Too much of risk for only a possibility, Rin chose to kill Kaiji instead, she knew, she saw the exact moment his eyes widened when Akito almost called her Rin, Kaiji could contact Danzo for information any time, all he had to tell him is that she is a fugitive who is friend with Akito for Danzo to get the hint.

She initially intended to threaten him with holding something against him but time played it on her as by the time she reached Kaiji, Akito came back from his punishment.