Chapter 74~ Bad News

Edited

After her sudden regenation that brought back so many trauma, Rin felt disoriented for days, she almost seemed like someone who lost her head, with a lot of sudden change of humours, it took her weeks to overcome that depressed state and return to her normal self, even longer to be able to make the difference between her hallucinations and reality.

But that was alright, at least she didn't die, she just received some —normally— lethal wounds that took several hours to heal and was delighted it did not took her life.

Other than that, other than the fact she was stroking depression; letting  her past life harassing her, filling her with anxiousness and paranoia, she was getting better, preparing a way to explain her situation to those irreplaceable priceless friends she had made who didn't gave up on her when the situation became dire or when they were purchased because of her.

No matter how she proved to be useless those last days.

They left her be, waiting for her to get better, Rin looked at them embarrassed by her behaviour, she felt better actually, but was too shy to talk to them again after the weakness she let them witness in her. She had acted like a total psycho, answering them only with monosylablles, especially when they found her digging the earth some nights looking for a long since burried dead friend.

For Rin, those hallucinations were old friends that tormented her after her seances of tortures and while she was sure she got rid of them, they accompanied Seto in his quest to find her.

Rin was grateful her friends sent her no judging look, didn't tried to send her to the psychological hospital wing, not to mention that they didn't even  blame her when she was being all delusional assuring them that they were tracked, followed or even watched, when of course they weren't, therefore, troubling their rest.

Today, she hid her face in her palms, heat bursting through her ears, she didn't knew how to feel, something was sure she was the most abashed person alive. When finally she let the nightmares slid off her, she was slapped by a heavy wave of embarrassment.

Ei was preparing food in a pot whille Akatsuki was cleaning his weapons and even Rin's sets as well.

Finally gathering some courage, Rin cleared her throat, they both looked at her and she could swear Akatsuki had the "don't say we are surrounded" kind of grimace.

"Guys, i am sorry, i made you go through a lot with me, i am so sorry and thank you."

Ei nodded with a rare smile that made Rin's heart melt.

"Just don't tell us we are being tracked again." Said Akatsuki waving his hand.

Rin nodded.

"Sorry for the weird behaviour," Said Rin balling her hands into fists atop her knees, her head bowed down in shame.

Akatsuki and Ei looked at each others then at her again.

"You don't have to worry, you have always been weird, in term of oddities there was nothing new." Said Akatsuki probably wanting to reasuure her and Ei nodded, their answer shot her two imaginary arrows right through her heart, where the words 'weird' and 'mental' were written.

Rin wiped tears of embarasssment and shame, they both tilted their head to the side, wondering why was she crying.

"Okay, just keep this a secret between us, what you witnessed of those oddities as you call them." She said as cascade of tears fell down her face.

Later, Rin told them all about her immortality and how she was held captive by Seto's man in the past, avoiding to go too deeply into details, she explained how her regeneration power takes too long to heal her when the injuries is deep.