Chapter 80~ Unbearable Distance

Edited

Rin cleared her throat, getting Obito's attention.

She didn't knew since when they were sitting on the floor, but they were wrapped in each others arms.

She was hugging him while sitting on her knees, he was crossing one leg down and bowing the other.

Softly, Rin pulled back, slightly embarrassed, she was such a crybaby.

"I am sorry," she said with a roughened voice, her cheek taking a pinkish colour.

Obito tilted his head to the side, then slowly took a strand of her hair between his fingers, caressing it gently, making her notice that he was ungloved.

"It's wet." He breathed softly.

Rin blushed, it was damped by her tears, then, he gently passed his hand on her cheek and she leaned against it, enjoying his hand a little bit too much maybe.

"Rin, why did you thought of trying to look stronger?"

Rin blushed harder and found herself counting the tiles, "I don't know, nobody would want a clingy woman, who on top is a damsel in distress."

Obito tilted his head. Did she saw herself as clingy?

Unpleased, he took her chin between his thumb and index and rose her head for her to face him, sending her heart to gallop in a mountain of emotions.

"Don't ever do it again." Obito said seriously, "I didn't like it and I won't like it a bit."

Rin stood his look for a moment, his hold on her chin was firm, but not unkind, the seriousness of his tone didn't even bothered her, if anything it only made him look somehow sexy.

She nodded with her eyes and he let go of her, Rin didn't liked it at all, as she was expecting a kiss.

"I always cry with you..."

"When have you cried?" He asked sharply, Rin could tell he was being suspicious and on his guard, since she was supposed to suffer from amnesia, so she instantly came with an answer.

"I cried when you told me you knew I was Nohara Rin at Kaiji's Castle." She complained.

Obito looked at her, accepting her answer for now.

Rin allowed herself to look at him, he was not as covered as usual and she loved his casual attire, then when she glanced at his face, she could tell he was looking at her.

She smiled gently, then took a look around the room.

It was spacy and smelled pleasingly good, surprisingly so tidied up for a man who lived alone, but then again, Obito had always lived alone.

There was a large sized bed in the middle, framed by nightstands. In each of them stood a lamp, a pile of books in one, he must have been reading.

Also, there was a comfy looking couch to the side and a small sized table, a chocolate box stood in the middle of it, making Rin smile bemused.

Obito was following her gaze silently while studying her expressions, and reading the interest in her look had procured him a particular wave of satisfaction.