Terrified

She was drunk. Way more drunk than she should have got and way more drunk than her friends should have let her get. Mikes party got out of hand. She got angry at Sam who was her driver and he left without her. So she had no other resort than to call Puck. He wasn't at the party because he had to babysit.

'I need a ride.' She said it blankly, like they were friends and could just ask for favours whatever needed. But they weren't friends. They were ex's who hadn't even looked at each other since the birth of their daughter.

'Dammit Q, are you drunk?'

'Maybe.' She said trying not to sound drunk but it came out sing-songy.

'I'll be there in five minutes.' Puck said.

—-

She was sat on the curb waiting for him. She was embarrassed and hoped she wouldn't remember anything about the encounter with Puck in the morning. She saw his truck approach her and stop right infront of.

'Where's Sara?' It was the first thing that she thought to say.

'She's at her friends house at a sleepover. I just didn't want to come to this lame party.' He said. He really wasn't in the mood for her to be asking questions about his life. She gave up her right to care about him when she ignored him for 2 months and then got with someone else.

'Where's your boyfriend?' He asked getting out of the truck and leaning against the door.

'We had a fight. He went home. I don't think he's my boyfriend anymore.'

He tried to hit his smile. 'What'd you fight about?'

'You.' She said simply. Like it didn't mean anything. He didn't even bother to hide his happiness. 'Help me up.' She said holding out her hands. He moved away from his truck and grabbed her hands helping her up into the car.

They drove in silence. No radio. No nothing. Dead silence.

They parked outside her house, but neither of them moved.

'Why'd you get drunk Q? That's not you.'

'I can't tell you.' She said.

'Why not?'

'Because it's about you.'

'Me?' He asked. He didn't think she even thought about him anymore.

'I'm in love with you.' She whispered twirling her ring around her finger.

He didn't say a word. For a moment he thinks that his mind made it up because it's what he wanted to hear but then she spoke again.

'I'm in love with you.' She repeated. 'And I'm terrified.'

'I-' He didn't know what to say. He didn't leave his house thinking that he would get a love confession from the girl.

'I shouldn't have told you that. It would be easier to pretend.'

'I doubt you'll remember it in when you wake up with a killer hangover.' He said trying to make light of the situation. 'I love you too.'

They smiled at each other, the same way they did when they were in the hospital.

'I should go.'

She pulled him into a kiss and she got out of the car. No goodbye. Nothing.

She didn't remember what she said and things went back to how they were. His lips still burned from the kiss.