Missing

It's been two years. Two years since their little girl went missing. Bethany Rose Puckerman went missing when she was fourteen. The parents can still remember the day she went missing. It was a Wednesday. The mini Quinn wore a light blue dress with a silver belt and a white denim jacket. She ate lucky charms before school that morning and was bouncing around preparing for her Cheerios try out.

Everything changed when Quinn and Puck got the call that morning that Beth hadn't showed up at school. At first they chalked it up to Beth leaning from Puck's rebellious ways and she was just skipping school that day. It wasn't until she hadn't returned home that Quinn and Puck filled the missing persons report.

Now two years later. She still wasn't home. After a year and no leads, no evidence and no sign of the missing girl. The police gave up and told the parents that they're little girl was probably dead. Puck can still hear the sound of Quinn's scream and the feeling of her breaking down in his arms.

They still had hope. That's something they never lost. Even though everyone was telling them to stop searching and start mourning Beth. They never did. The school dedicated a tree to her. It was near Finn's tree which was now standing tall.

The parents grew apart as a result of Beth's disappearance. Both of them only seeing Beth when they looked at one another. They weren't separated and they still lived in the same house but they did their best to ignore the each other. They only said polite hellos. The blonde spent most nights curled up in her daughters room cuddling with the lamb she kept on her bed. Puck would check on her every night he didn't feel her crawl into bed with him. He always knew where she'd be. When Puck was home alone he'd sit in the middle of Beth's room and just sob.

The parents woke up the morning of the anniversary and headed to the tree. They'd made a habit to always wear blue when they went to the tree. It was Beth's favourite colour and the colour they last saw their daughter in. Quinn wore a white dress and a blue cardigans while Puck wore a white shirt and a blue tie, Which he knows the girl would make fun of him for wearing.

'Ready for this?' Puck asked watching the blonde descend from the stairs. It was the most he's said to her in days.

'No.' She shook her head. Her eyes were sunken and she looked tired. She wrapped her arms around her husband and sobbed softly. Puck tried his best to hold in his tears. He didn't want to cry. He was meant to be the strong one. Despite his best efforts he felt a tear roll down his cheek.

Quinn looked up at him and wiped the tear away. 'Beth wouldn't want us to cry. She always hated it when people cried.'

'She would have made a joke and called us lame for crying.' Puck smiled fondly remembering their daughter.

—-

They got to the tree. It had grown slightly over the past few years. Quinn laid down a bunch on peonies under the tree and cleaned the plaque. Quinn put her hand on the tree where one of her class mates had carved 'Princess' into the tree bark. She smiled grazing her fingers over the letters. Puck silently watched her.

'You know, I've always imagined her to be sitting on the beach watching all cute guys and drinking a cocktail she had to flirt with the bartender to get.' Quinn says breaking the silence. 'It's stupid.'

'No it's not.' Puck said softly putting his hand on her shoulder to which the blonde instantly latched on to. 'I like to think that too. That she's causing trouble somewhere.'

The blonde stands up and hugs him once more burying her face into the crook of his neck and softly sobbing. 'I miss her so much.'

'I know baby.' He said rubbing circles on the blondes back. 'Me too. So much.'

They don't know how long their stood hugging. They don't pull away. Not even for a second. They just stay wrapped up in each other and finally feeling the comfort they've both been craving. Suddenly a voice appears out of no where.

'Mom? Dad?'

A/N This one shot has been in my drafts for ages. I'm contemplating turning it into a book. Thoughts?