Screwed up

He's used to the cold shoulder. That's all she's ever given him. He pretends that he doesn't care and that she's just another chick he wants to conquer, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

He wants her to look at him the way she looks at Finn. He wants her to acknowledge his existence outside of the bedroom. He wants her to love him, even if it's a only a fraction of how much he loves her.

They hook up behind closed doors. He knows that all she wants from his is sex, he's her dirty secret.

'I love you.' He whispers to her when she's asleep. She doesn't make it a habit to spend the night at his place but he loves it when she does. He loves falling asleep next to her, even if she's normally gone when he wakes up.

He thinks that Quinn loves the idea of two people loving her and wanting her. That's why she keeps him around. He should hate her for that but then she smiles at him and bats her eyelashes and suddenly all he wants is to love her again.

He thinks about ending it a million times a day. That he should tell her that he wants more than to be her behind closed doors fuck. But then she turns up at his door when it's nearing midnight and she takes his hand and leads him up to his bedroom, all the thoughts disappear.

'We are so fucking screwed up.' She says one night. It's weird when she curses but he kind of loves it when she does. It's like she reserves a part of herself for him, and only him.

'I know.' He replies. 'But that's what makes us, us.'

She moves to straddle him and drapes her arms on his shoulders. He doesn't know how to respond to her actions so he puts his hands on her hips.

'I think I'll always love you most.' She says softly. There's a hint of sadness in her voice, like she doesn't want to love him. He doesn't want to love her either, but he does.

'I know that I'll always love you most.'

After that, they have sex and they fall asleep together. He's stupid and naive to think that this meant that things would change. They don't, and she's gone when he wakes up.

She was right. They are fucked up.