Hooking up

She didn't win prom queen and it was all Rachel Berry's fault. She stormed out of the hall into the bathroom, only to be followed by the one person she didn't want to see, Rachel.

'Go away.' She sobbed. 'The only reason I didn't win is because everyone knows he'd rather be with you.'

'Don't blame me and Finn.' Rachel argued

'Who else is to blame?'

'You.' She stated. 'We both know that you used Finn and Sam to make Noah jealous.'

The door opened but the two girls were far to caught up in their argument to realise.

'I wouldn't be surprised if you two have been hooking up this whole time.'

'Woah Rachel we're not hooking up.' Puck said finally making himself known to the girls.

The blonde scoffed at the sight of him. 'Oh my god, of course you are here right now.' She exclaimed crossing her arms over her chest.

'I'm just trying to help.' He said calmly. 'I saw you run out and-'

'It's not your job to save me anymore.' The blonde said. 'You know what Berry, Tell Finn that we're done. Well all know he much rather be with you, you can have him.'  She stormed out of the bathroom and pushed past Puck. He watched her as she left, he had a habit of doing that. Watching her until she was out of set.

'You should follow her.' Rachel said snapping Puck out of his daze.

'She doesn't want me to.' He said putting his hands in his pockets and shifting his weight uncomfortably.

'She might not want you too, but she needs you too. Even if she won't admit it to herself.' The brunette explained. 'Go.'

'I don't even know where she is.'

'You do.' Rachel said. 'You know her better than anyone else.'

—-

She was on the bleachers. He knew he'd find her there. When she was sad she needed to be by herself as she hated crying in-front people. The bleachers would be the emptiest place in the school. Everyone was either in the gym dancing with their dates or in classrooms, bathroom stalls or even the janitors closet hooking  up with dates. It was cold outside from the chilly May air.

'I knew I'd find you here.' He said walking up the bleachers to where she was sat.

'I guess I should have found a better place to hide.' She said quietly.

'You should have.' He said humouring her. He sat next to her and the two were quiet.

It was cold. The blonde was freezing. A shiver rolled down her spine. She hoped puck didn't notice, but That boy noticed everything. He immediately took off his blazer and put it over her shoulders.

'Stop it.' She said.

'Stop what?' He asked with a laugh.

'Giving me your jacket and chasing after to me. You're acting like my boyfriend.'

'Well your actual boyfriend isn't here is he?'

'Ex. He's my ex boyfriend.' She corrected him.

'Look Q. I'm just trying to help. If you want me to leave I will.' He said. She didn't say anything so he took it as her wanting him to leave. He stood up but a cold hand reached for his.

'Stay.'

He did he sat back down next to her. 'You're hands are freezing.'

'I'll survive.' She shrugged with a giggle.

He took both of his hands in his to warm them up. 'Stop staring at me Fabray.'

'Why are you being so nice to me? I haven't even said two words to you for nearly a year.'

He shrugged. He wished that he hated her, but he couldn't. No matter how hard he tried. 'What's the point in holding a grudge?'

She smiled. Her hands were still in his, she was still freezing. He looked at her again and she touched their foreheads together. Their eyes flickered between the others eyes and lips. It was was him who eventually leant in a kissed the girl.

'Do you still love me?' She asked when they came up for air.

'Don't make me say it.'

'I want you to.'

He sighed softly. 'Will you say it back?'

'If your lucky.' She said. 'Three words, eight letters. Say it and I'm yours.'

'I love you. I think I always will.'

'I-I-'

'You don't have to say it back.'

She took a deep breath. 'I love you.'

He smiled and kissed her once more.