I hate that I love you

Why was she here? She hadn't spoke to him since Beth's birth which was nearly 3 months ago. She saw him in their first glee practice and the sight of him broke her heart. He had called for the first few days when she was released from the hospital but then stopped. He gave up on her.

She was standing in his bedroom crying her eyes out. 'I hate you. I hate you so much.' Her fists were tightly clenched and she was punching his chest. 'You ruined my life and I hate you for it.'

'I know.' He said calmly. He let her hit him. He knew that she needed this, in a way his did too.

'You gave up on me! Why did you stop calling? You abandoned me when I needed you the most.' Her violent sobs made her words hard to make out. The anger in her voice was now replaced by sadness. She sobbed harder.

Puck gently grabbed her fists to keep them still. He then tried to pull her into a hug to comfort her. She let him.

'I hate you.'

'I know.' He agreed. He hated himself for hurting her.

After hearing the boy's response she broke down her walls once more. 'I miss her so much.'

'I know.' He said again as a tear threatened to leave his eye, hebshut them tightly making sure they don't escape. 'Me too'

'Why did you stop calling? When I needed you most you went there.' She cried.

'Because I was scared.' He replied. Holding her tighter, like she was going to disappear if he let go for even a second.

'Why?' For the first time Quinn looks him in the eye. She sees that his eyes are glossed over with tears.

'Becuase I love you.' He said. Before anything else could happen Quinn stood on her tip toes and kissed the boy. He kissed back and for a moment everything is perfect. 'I'm sorry for everything.'

'Me too.' She says. The two looked at each other for a few seconds before Quinn picks up her bag and then she's gone in a matter of seconds.

The next day they pass each other in the hallway and it's like nothing happened. People part like the red sea when Quinn walks down the hallway and People avoid Puck at all cost. This is how it should be they try to convince themselves they shouldn't have had a baby in sophomore year and they shouldn't love each other. But they did and they do.

Quinn sees him by his locker and her feet move towards him before she thinks about what to say, so she doesn't say anything she just pulls his shoulder around so he's facing her and kisses him. Once they pull away she says the four words that he wanted to hear and she wanted to say.

'I love you too.'