Hope's Peak

A school stands before me. Hope's Peak High School, a place for people who are the best at what they do. It was built to be a beacon of hope for all objects. They say that if you graduate here, you're set for life. There are 2 things you have to require to get into this school. 1, you have to be an object. 2, you have to be the very best at what you do. No ordinary student could enroll here. You have to get scouted out by the school itself. And here I am, standing in front of its gates.

Before I continue, I should introduce myself, right? I'm Paintbrush, the Ultimate Painter. People all around the object community have praised my art skills as legendary. I've painted so much, that there's even a myth going around that my right hand is permanently stuck in a painting position! That's how I got scouted into Hope's Peak. I was so happy, I called my childhood friend Lightbulb. She got accepted too, but she was going to tell me her talent once we arrived there. 

I was just standing outside Hope's Peak, admiring its artwork on the window. But, I should probably go inside now. Lightbulb's probably waiting for me. I took my first step onto the stairs and- huh? Why a m I g o i n g d i z z y?

That was the beginning. My perfect life before had been put to an end. We were about to experience true despair.