7: Surprise!

AMELIAS POV
Kamryn could come home today! I was in the hospital signing her discharge papers and she was so excited it was so cute.
"Okay Miss Kamryn are you ready to go home?" Arizona smiled as she came in with Callie.
"Yes!" She smiled and hugged me.
"Just make sure you be careful with that collarbone okay? It's almost back to normal but you still need to keep your arm in that sling okay? I'll see you next week for a follow up appointment okay?" Callie smiled. Kamryn nodded and got out of the bed. She changed out of the hospital gown and we were ready to go.
"Are you ready?" I smiled. She nodded. I grabbed her box of things and we walked out of the room and Meredith and Maggie were waiting outside.
"Do you remember Meredith and Maggie?" I asked.
"Your sisters?" She said cutely.
"Yup," I said.
"Kamryn guess what?" Meredith said as she bent down to her height.
"What?" Kamryn said.
"I have three little kids, just like you, and they can't wait to meet you soon," Meredith smiled. Kamryn smiled and hugged her.
"Those are your cousins," I said and she smiled big.
"Are you excited to see your new home?" Maggie said.
"Yes with Amelia!" Kamryn smiled. We talked to them for a little while longer and then got to my car. Meredith gave me one of her booster seats for my car and I buckled her in the backseat. I drove over to my apartment complex and we both got out of the car. We got in the elevator and I could tell she was excited. We got to my floor and I unlocked the door and we walked in.
"I have a surprise for you," I said as I put the box on the counter.
"A surprise? What is it?" She asked.
"Let's go see," I said and walked down the hallway and opened her bedroom door. Her face lit up when she saw it.
"For me?" She said.
"Yup," I said, "do you like it?"
"I love it!" She smiled, "thank you Amelia!"
"You're welcome sweetheart," I said, "but I can't take all the credit, my friend Doctor Hunt helped me."
"Do you like him?" Kamryn asked.
"He's my best friend," I chuckled.
"So?" She said.
"It's complicated," I chuckled, "but you like the room?"
"Yes!" She giggled.
"We can paint the walls if you want," I said.
"Blue?" She said.
"Sure we can paint them blue," I said.
"Can I put my stuff in here too?" She asked.
"Yes of course, I'll get your box and I'll help you set everything up okay?" I smiled and walked into the kitchen and grabbed the box I left on the counter. I walked back in and she jumped off the bed and opened the box.
"Hey careful you're still in a sling," I chuckled.
"I'm sorry," she said.
"It's okay," I kissed her head. I opened the box and she took her stuff animals and put them on the edge of her bed. She had an elephant, a purple pillow, a penguin, and a unicorn. She was so cute as she lined them up on the bed. She went back into the box and she stopped.
"What is it?" I said.
"My mommy," she said, "my birth mommy." She grabbed a picture frame and showed me, the girl looked about 15 in the picture, so she was probably 20 now. Kamryn was a newborn in the picture.
"You can put it on the bookshelf over there," I said, "display it." She nodded and walked over to the bookshelf and put it on the middle shelf since she couldn't reach the top on.
"Her names Rose," she said.
"Do you talk to her?" I asked. She shook her head no.
"Okay," I said and kissed her forehead, "why don't we go through the rest of your thing?" She smiled and sat down next to me and looked back in the box. There were a few books which she put on the bookshelf and a bunch of clothes we put in the closet and dresser. There were a few dolls that she put in an old bin I found.
"Did you eat breakfast at the hospital?" I asked when we were done organizing.
"No," she said.
"Well lucky for you, I have bagels," I said as I knew they were her favorite. She smiled and followed me into the kitchen where I made her a bagel. I picked her up and sat her at the counter since the chairs were really high.
"Do you want to go to the store and pick out paint?" I asked. She smiled and nodded.
"Maybe we can shop for stuff for your room too, does that sound good?" I said.
"Yes," she smiled.
"Okay, we'll leave in a few minutes okay?" I said.
"Okay," she said.
"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked.
"Do you have orange juice?" She asked politely.
"I do," I said and poured her a glass. She was so cute.
"When can I take this off?" She asked, meaning the sling.
"Well we are going to go see Doctor Torres next week and she will let us know," I said. She finished eating breakfast and I helped her down from the counter.
"Alright time to put your shoes on," I said and she ran to the door and grabbed them where she left them.
"Can you tie your own shoes?" I asked. She shook her head no.
"Jamie tried to show me but he would just get mad when I couldn't get it," she said.
"Well that's okay, lucky for you I will teach you later," I smiled and tied her shoes.
"Can I bring my elephant?" She begged.
"Sure, go grab him," I smiled and watched her run down the hallway and go into her room. This is what it felt like to be a mother.