78: Answers

AMELIAS POV
Owen was meeting with his Sergeant right now.
I felt sick to my stomach. I was sick to my stomach. I couldn't stop throwing up.
"Mama are you okay?" Kamryn asked as she stood in the doorway.
"Just feeling extra sick today," I said.
"Can I help?" She asked sweetly.
"I'll be downstairs to make breakfast in a few minutes," I said. I threw up again and Kamryn rolled a water bottle across the bathroom floor.
"Thanks," I said. I eventually got up and we walked downstairs. I picked Ellie up and started making eggs for breakfast and then I heard the front door open.
"Daddy home!" Ellie giggled. I finished making eggs quickly and gave them to Kamryn and scooped Ellie's baby food for her. I rushed out of the kitchen and when I saw Owen's face I knew it was bad.
"No," I said.
"Amelia," he said. I could feel the tears falling down my face.
"No please tell me it's good news," I said.
"Let's go upstairs okay," he said. I felt like I couldn't breathe. He was going to leave. He was going overseas. We walked upstairs and he wrapped my in a hug.
"He said I have to serve, but he knows you're pregnant, and he said I can leave early to come back earlier," Owen said.
"6 weeks?" I asked. He nodded.
"In 6 weeks I'll be 34 weeks," I said scared.
"I know," he said.
"When do you leave?" I asked as my voice was shaky.
"Tuesday," Owen said.
"That's three days from now," I said, "Owen."
"I know," he said as tears strolled down his cheeks, "Amelia I will come back, I promise okay?"
"What if I go into labor?" I said, "I can't have the baby without you."
"If you have to, you have amazing people around you who love you and support you. You have your sisters, Meredith and Maggie, and you have my mom and your mom. If you have to give birth without me, I know you can do it. I know you don't want to, but you're the strongest woman I know, if anyone can do it, it's you," Owen said.
"Owen," I said crying, "I can't, I can't do it without you, I can't do any of this without you."
"I know," he said, "I don't want to leave."
"I love you so much, you have to promise me you'll be safe okay?" I said and hugged him.
"I'll be safe I promise, I'm coming back because I love you guys so much," Owen said. He cupped my face in his hands and I looked up at him. We were both crying and I put my hands on his arms.
"I will come back," he said softly, "okay?" I nodded.
"We have to tell the girls," I said as my voice broke.
"Yeah," he said. I leaned in and kissed him passionately. He cupped my face again and pulled me as close to him as possible.
"I love you," he said softly.
"I love you too," I said.
"I love you so much," he said and kissed me again, "I'm going to be doing surgeries, I'm not fighting front line, I'm going to come back." I nodded and looked up at him.
"You're going to be awesome," I said.
OWENS POV
We had to tell the girls. I was leaving in 3 days. I wanted to get out of it. I need to be here for amelia in the last months of her pregnancy. I need to be here with the girls. We walked downstairs and Amelia got the girls. Them came in and sat down on the couch.
"Daddy why are you sad?" Kamryn asked as she sat down.
"Daddy and I have something we need to tell you guys," Amelia said as she sat down next to me.
"Kamryn remember when I told you how I was in the army as a super cool doctor?" I said, "how I fixed everyone."
"Yeah," Kamryn said.
"Well they want me to go back," I said.
"Back where?" Kamryn said.
"In the military," I said, almost choking on my words.
"Oh," she said.
"Daddy has to go to another country," I said.
"We won't see you?" She said.
"Well I'll be back in a few weeks," I said.
"So you're leaving?" She said upsetly.
"Daddy doesn't have a choice," Amelia tried to explain. Kamryn bolted upstairs.
"Ellie?" I said.
"Where ou going?" Ellie said.
"I'm going across the ocean," I said, knowing she wouldn't know where Pakistan is.
"Oh," Ellie said, "ou coming home wight?"
"Yes I'll come home in a few weeks," I said.
"Oh," she said. Amelia looked at me and sighed.
"I'll go talk to Kamryn," i said, knowing Ellie couldn't understand what was going on. I walked upstairs and knocked on Kamryn's door.
"Kammie," I said. I opened the door and she was curled in a ball on her bed crying.
"Hey," I said. She rolled over and my heart broke. I sat down at the edge of her bed and she looked over at me.
"I don't want you to leave," Kamryn said.
"I don't want to leave," I said.
"Then why are you?" She cried.
"Because I have to, I don't have a choice," I said.
"Daddies go to the military in movies all the time she said, and sometimes they die. Are you going to die?" She said as she cried.
"I'm not going to die," I said, "in a few weeks I'll be right back here with you and your sister and mama."
"Okay," she said, "you won't die?"
"I won't die," I promise. She sat up and moved over to me and gave me a hug.
"I love you," she said.
"I love you too," I said.