13: Doctor Appointments

AMELIAS POV
Today was Kamryn's check up with her collarbone. She had to miss school to go and I felt bad because she really has liked it. She went to a full week last week and she went yesterday, so today was Tuesday.
"Okay Kammie are you almost ready?" I asked.
"Almost!" She called from her room. I opened her door and she was putting a cute pair of boots on.
"Want help?" I chuckled. She nodded. I helped her put her shoes on and then we left to go see Callie at the hospital.
"Are you excited to see Doctor Torres?" I asked.
"Can I take the sling off?" She asked.
"Well that's up to Doctor Torres," I said.
"But it doesn't hurt!" She pouted, she was awfully cute when she pouted.
"Well that's probably a good sign," I said. I parked and I unbuckled her and we walked into the hospital and met Callie.
"Hello Miss Kamryn! It's good to see you again," Callie said and hugged her.
"Okay so Amelia she just needs another X-Ray so I can see how it's healing, Arizona is going to get her gowned and I'm going to prep the exam room," Callie said.
"Okay thank you," I smiled and Arizona opened the door.
"Doctor Robbins!" Kamryn smiled.
"Hey!" Arizona smiled, "you all ready to get your X-Rays?"
"Yes," Kamryn said, "I want to take my sling off."
"Well we are going to do our best to make that happen," Callie smiled.
"She'll be right back, you can wait here okay," Arizona turned to me.
"Why can't I go with you?" I said.
"Because you're a parent now," she smiled and I smiled, "you know she's in good hands."
"I know," I said. Kamryn went with both of them and Callie said it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. The door opened and it was Owen.
"Hey," he said.
"Hey," I said.
"You got a minute to talk?" He asked.
"Yeah sure," I said. He sat down next to me and I looked at him and he leaned in and kissed me passionately. We started making out when I heard the doorknob turn and we both sat straight up.
"Guess who can take their sling off!" Callie smiled.
"Oh my gosh that's awesome," I smiled and got up to hug Kamryn. Arizona looked at Owen and I chuckled.
"Owen wanted to see how you were doing," I said, "say hi."
"Hi Owen," kamryn said and gave him a little wave.
"Hi," Owen said cutely. I smiled at him and Callie took Kamryn's sling off.
"Okay, just be careful on it still Alright? And if you have any pain make sure you tell Amelia okay?" Callie said.
"Okay!" She smiled. We walked out I thanked them and Kamryn saw Bailey and Ellis in daycare.
"Mama can I go play with them?" She begged.
"Sure, I'll be right there," I said. I watched her run into the room and I waved to the nurse. I turned to Owen who followed me out of the room.
"You and me. Dinner tonight. I'll pick you up at 7," he said.
"Owen," I chuckled.
"What? I know you have Kamryn, I understand, but I'm taking you out on a date," he said. I couldn't help but smile.
"7?" I said.
"If that works for you," he said.
"I'll see if Mer can watch her, I've never left her with someone before for a while," I said.
"Amelia, she'll be fine. She loves Mer's kids," he said.
"You're right," I said and smiled at him.
"I will see you later," he said. I smiled as I walked away from him and walked into daycare where I had to fill out papers for Kamryn.
"Mama what are you doing?" Kamryn asked as she sat down next to me.
"I'm filling out papers so you can hangout here with Bailey and Ellis while mama goes and works," I said.
"So I can stay here?" She said.
"Yup," I said.
"Where's Zola?" She said.
"She's still in school, she has to go to a full day," I said.
"Oh," she said. I gave the packet back to the nurse.
"Okay, I have to go work, you'll be okay here?" I asked. She smiled and nodded.
"Okay I love you sweet pea," I said.
"I love you too!" She giggled. I walked out and saw Meredith talking to Jackson. Meredith saw me and smiled.
"Hey I have a favor to ask," I said.
"Alright," she said.
"Can you watch Kamryn tonight?" I asked.
"You got a hot date or something?" She joked and I felt my face turn red.
"Oh my god you do!" She smiled, "Owen?"
"Yeah," I said.
"Of course I can watch her," she said.
"Thank you," I smiled, "she loves Owen, I don't know if I should tell her."
"Maybe don't at first," Meredith suggested, "see how it goes."
"Okay," I said.
"This is a good thing Amelia," Meredith smiled, "he likes you so much, I know you have Kamryn, but let yourself have this too." I smiled and hugged her.
-
I scrubbed out of my last surgery and I saw Owen.
"Hi," he said.
"Hi," I smiled.
"We still good for tonight?" He asked.
"Yeah," I nodded, "Meredith offered to pick up Kamryn with her kids from daycare so I just have to get ready and I'm good."
"Okay, take your time," he said and kissed my forehead.
"I just have to go tell Kamryn Meredith is picking her up," I said.
"Okay," he said, "I'll pick you up at 7."
"Okay," I giggled and walked down the hall as I looked back at him. I walked downstairs to daycare and opened the door and saw Kamryn and Ellis drawing pictures.
"Hi baby," I smiled.
"Mama!" Kamryn smiled.
"So I have something to talk to you about," I said.
"Okay," Kamryn said.
"Well Mama has a work dinner tonight, with all the other brain surgeons, so Auntie Meredith and Auntie Maggie are going to take you back to their house with Zola, Bailey, and Ellis, and then when I'm done with dinner I'll come back and get you. Is that okay?" I asked, hoping it would be.
"You'll come back though right?" She said.
"Of course I will, it's just dinner, and then we can go back home and you can sleep in your own bed," I said.
"Okay," she nodded.
"Okay?" I smiled. She nodded and I kissed her head.
"I love you Kammie and I'll see you later okay?"
"I love you too Mama!" She said and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her cheek. I felt really bad leaving her, but she was in good hands, and we wouldn't be super long.
-
I got back to my apartment and showered and walked into my closet. I had no idea what to wear. I really just wanted this date to go right. I've liked Owen forever, but I never thought we would be more than friends. I put on a dress and curled my hair and put some makeup on. I heard a knock on my door and I got so nervous. I grabbed my phone and ran to the door. I opened the door and he was wearing a button up with a tie, he was adorable.
"Hi," I smiled.
"Hi," he said, "you look gorgeous."
"Thank you," I smiled, "you look handsome."
"You ready?" He asked.
"Mhm," I smiled.
"Let's go then," he smiled and pecked my lips and then held my hand.