54: Houses

OWENS POV
We've been looking at a few listings online and gone to a few open houses, but we haven't seen anything we've really loved. Today we were seeing a house that Amelia and I both loved, and we hoped Kamryn liked it too. I couldn't tell how she felt about moving. If she was upset she would have talked to Amelia, and Amelia didn't say anything about it. I'm not sure. For a 6 year old she's extremely hard to read sometimes.
"Kamryn are you ready?" I heard Amelia call.
"No!" Kamryn said, "I'm not going." Well, there was my answer. She was mad.
"Kammie why not? We talked about this," Amelia said.
"No we didn't," she said. I walked into the hallway and Kamryn closed her door. Amelia looked at me and sighed.
"Want me to talk to her?" I asked.
"Not sure if it'll work, I thought it was okay, we talked about it last night," she shrugged, "you cannot try." I nodded and pecked her lips. I knocked on her door and there was no answer. I cracked it open and little bit and she was sitting in the corner of her room curled up in a ball. I closed her door behind me and she looked up from her knees.
"Hey," I said softly as I sat down on the ground across from her. She didn't say anything and I sighed.
"So you want to talk about what's bothering you?" I asked.
"I don't want to move," she said.
"I know you don't, but your little sister needs somewhere to sleep," I said.
"But I like my room here," she pouted, "You and mama made it for me."
"Well mama and I can make you another room that looks just like this," I said, "you can bring all your furniture and I promise you I'll paint it the same exact color."
"The same exact one?" She asked. I nodded.
"I promise it'll be the same exact color," I said.
"But I like it here," she said softly as she sniffled.
"I know," I said, "but we'll still be close to here."
"Is mama mad at me that I don't want to go look at the house?" She asked.
"She's not mad at you," I said.
"Okay," she said.
"Come here," I said. She crawled into my lap and I wrapped my arms around her.
"We're just looking at a house today okay? We aren't making a decision today alright? If you don't like it you have to tell mama and I okay? We aren't going to be mad at you at all, we want your honest opinion," I said.
"Okay," she nodded.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too daddy," she giggled and hugged me.
"Are you ready to go now?" I asked.
"I need to get my shoes," she said shyly and that over to her closet.
"Okay," I said. I opened her door and walked down to Amelia and I's bedroom. I walked in and Amelia was sitting on the bed with her hand on her stomach.
"Is she throwing a fit?" Amelia asked.
"No," I said.
"No?" Amelia said.
"She was just sad about moving but I told her nothing is final today and then we would make her a special room just like this one, and that she can take all her furniture and toys with her," I said.
"You're the best thank you," she said.
"And how is little miss doing today?" I said and kissed her stomach.
"You're the cutest," she said and pecked my lips.
AMELIAS POV
Today we were looking at a potential house. Kamryn got upset this morning about moving and I feel bad. I asked her about it yesterday and she said it was fine. Owen talked to her this morning and she seems okay now. I don't know. I thought it was okay but now I feel guilty.
"Amelia you ready?" Owen asked.
"Yeah in a minute," I said as I got up. He walked over and kissed my forehead. I ran my hand over my stomach and we waited for Kamryn. Lately I haven't gotten as sick as much, but my body ached so much. I constantly had to take breaks at work and couldn't do surgeries for more than 7 hours straight. It sucked.
"I'm ready," Kamryn said.
"Alright," Owens smiled as she grabbed his hand. We walked downstairs to our car and drove over to the open house. We pulled in the driveway and we both looked back at Kamryn.
"Is this it?" She asked.
"It is," Owen said.
"Okay," she said.
"You'll look at it?" I asked.
"Yeah," she nodded. Owen helped her out of her car seat and we walked up to the door. It was really cute outside. Our real estate agent gave us a tour and I really liked it, I could tell Owen did too. It was pretty much perfect, it had 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a pool, an office, a basement, and a really nice updated kitchen.
"Do you think she likes it?" Owen asked as Kamryn was sitting on a chair outside by the pool while Owen and I discussed the house. Our agent gave us a really nice tour.
"I don't know," I shrugged.
"I know," Owen said.
"Kammie," I said. She looked over and got up and walked over to us.
"Do you like the house?" I asked. She nodded.
"It has a pool," she said.
"It does," I smiled.
"Would you want to live here?" Owen asked.
"You'll paint my room purple again?" Kamryn asked.
"I promise you I'll paint your room purple again," Owen said.
"Yeah I'll live here," Kamryn said, "it's pretty." I smiled at Owen and kissed his cheek. He looked at me and smiled.
"Are we going to make an offer?" He said.
"I think so," I smiled.