20: Adoption

AMELIAS POV
"Hello?" I said as I walked back to my car.
"Amelia Shepherd?" Judge Baker said.
"That's me," I said.
"I'm just calling to tell you that your adoption papers got approved by Kamryn Jensens Foster and Adoption Agency," he said.
"I can legally adopt her?" I said getting excited.
"You can," he said, "you two can come down by my office anytime from now to 6PM."
"I'll see you in a few! Thank you so much your honor!" I smiled.
"You're welcome, you two are a perfect fit," he said and we hung up. I walked back over to where Owen was pushing Kamryn on the swing.
"So?" He said. I smiled and I knew he knew that meant good news.
"So kammie we have a little bit of a change of plans," I said.
"What? Why?" She said.
"Well, the very nice judge called me and said that we can go down to his office and I can officially adopt you," I said. Her face lit up and she looked up at me.
"Forever?" She said.
"Yup, I can be your mama forever," I said. Her eyes lit up and she looked speechless.
"So do you want to go?" I chuckled.
"Yes yes yes!" She smiled and I picked her up out of the swing and hugged her.
"I love you mama," she said.
"I love you too sweetheart!" I smiled and kissed her cheek, "I love you so much." I looked at Owen and smiled as he opened his arms.
"Congratulations," he smiled.
"Thank you," I smiled and kissed his cheek. Kamryn clung to me and I wrapped my arms around her. She was finally my daughter.
"Do you want to come with us?" I asked Owen.
"Please?" Kamryn said cutely, "it would make mama happy." I chuckled and could feel my face turn red as I looked at Owen.
"Sure," he said, "of course I'll come with you guys." The three of us walked back to my car and I buckled Kamryn in her car seat and she couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy oh my god. I closed her door and looked at Owen.
"Oh my god!" I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my back and spun us.
"Congrats," he smiled cutely.
"This does not feel real," I said.
"Go get your daughter," he smiled. We got in the car and we drove over to the judges office. The three of us walked in and I knocked on the judges door.
"Come in," he said. I opened the door and he smiled.
"Thought I would see you soon," he said.
"Yup," I smiled. Kamryn walked in with me and Owen stayed out in the hallway.
"Okay Miss Shepherd so here are a few pages you just need to sign, then I will photocopy it for you, fax it over to the adoption agency and then in a few days that agency will send you a legal record," he smiled.
"Thank you, I cannot thank you enough," I said and grabbed a pen and filled everything out.
"And that's everything," he said, "congratulations!"
"Thank you," I smiled.
"Thank you for letting me stay with my mama!" Kamryn smiled.
"Of course honey," he smiled and handed me an envelope with the photocopied papers.
"We'll be in touch," the judge smiled.
"Thank you so much again, for everything," I smiled.
"You're very welcome," Judge baker smiled. We left his office and walked back to the lobby where Owen was. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him. I was so happy. I picked up kamryn and hugged her too.
"You're my mama forever!" She giggled.
"I am," I smiled, "and you're my daughter forever." She snuggled into me and I couldn't stop smiling.
"Can we tell Zola?" She asked cutely.
"Sure," I said, "why don't we go over there now?"
"Okay!" She smiled. I held her hand in the parking lot and I turned to Owen.
"You can come with you know," I said.
"Okay," he said.
"Okay," I smiled. I grabbed my phone and texted Meredith.
"You guys home?" I sent.
"Yeah," she sent.
"Mind if we swing by?" I sent.
"Nope, not at all, kids are outside playing," she said. I drove over to Mer's and I was so happy. It finally happened. She was my daughter. I parked in the driveway and Kamryn bolted to the door. I unlocked the door and Meredith and Maggie were in the kitchen watching the kids from the window.
"Hey what's up?" Meredith said.
"Why don't you tell them?" I said and looked at Kamryn.
"Mama adopted me!" She smiled.
"Oh my god!" They both yelled and practically plowed us over with hugs.
"Oh my gosh this is so exciting!" Meredith smiled and she hugged me tightly.
"When did you find out?" Maggie asked as she had Kamryn in her arms.
"We just came from the judges office," I smiled.
"Mama can I go play with Zola now?" Kamryn said cutely.
"Yes of course," I said as she ran outside to play with her cousins.
"I'm so happy for you," Maggie smiled.
"It doesn't feel real," I said and smiled at Owen. I grabbed his hand as we walked into the kitchen.
"So," Meredith said and looked at Owen, "are you two like official?"
"Yeah," I smiled.
"You are full of exciting news," Maggie said.
"News that you should tell your mother," Meredith said.
"Oh don't kill the mood," I chuckled.
"Amelia, shut up, your mother loves Owen, she loves Kamryn, just pick up the damn phone," Meredith said. I rolled my eyes and sighed.
"I promise I will make a call tonight okay?" I said.
"We'll need proof," Maggie chuckled.
"Oh come on," I pouted and wrapped my arms around Owens waist.
"Does Kamryn know?" Maggie asked.
"Yeah I told her yesterday," I said.
"Did she take it well?" Meredith asked.
"Yeah," I smiled, "she likes Owen." Owen smiled and I kissed his cheek. I looked out the window and saw Kamryn playing with her cousins, she looked so happy, it was finally happening.