61: Family Day

OWENS POV
I woke up to Ellie crying. Amelia was snuggled into me.
"I got her," Amelia said softly and rolled over. She got up and walked over to her crib and picked her up.
"Good morning baby girl," Amelia smiled and kissed her head. I looked at the clock and it was 7. It was Saturday so we didn't have to wake Kamryn up early. Amelia sat down next to me with Ellie in her arms.
"Good morning," I smiled as Ellie stared up at us.
"I don't think she wants to go back to bed," Amelia chuckled.
"Nope," I chuckled. I put my head on Amelia's shoulder and she kissed my head. Ellie was so cute staring up at us. After a little while she started crying again.
"She's probably hungry," I said.
"Yeah," Amelia nodded. I picked her up and Amelia followed me downstairs, which to our surprise Kamryn was already awake.
"Good morning," Amelia said.
"Good morning," she said.
"Did your sister wake you up?" I chuckled. Kamryn nodded as she snuggled into the couch.
-
"Daddy can we go swimming today?" Kamryn asked as we finished eating lunch. I looked over and Amelia was feeding Ellie baby food.
"Yeah," I said, "as long as you clean up your lunch we can go outside."
"Can Ellie go in the pool?" Kamryn asked.
"Mama or daddy has to hold her since she doesn't know how to swim but she can go in," Amelia said, "as long as that's okay with you."
"Sounds like a good plan to me," I said.
"Okay," Amelia smiled. Kamryn ran upstairs to go get ready. She was so cute when she was excited.
"Are you going swimming?" I asked Amelia.
"I don't know," she said, "are you?"
"Well one of us has to go with Ellie," I chuckled, "unless she's a secret Olympic swimmer."
"That's a possibility," she laughed, "I'll go swimming if you go swimming."
"Are you five?" I laughed and kissed her.
"Sometimes," she chuckled and kissed me back. Ellie reached for me and I smiled.
"Hi baby girl," I smiled, "you want to come to daddy?" Amelia lifted her into my arms and smiled.
"I'm gonna go change I'll be back," she said.
"Okay, I'll be up in a few minutes," I said.
"Okay," Amelia said.
AMELIAS POV
I really didn't want to go swimming. I've been dreading it. It's been so hard losing the pregnancy weight and I hate it. I don't even want to think about what I look like in a bathing suit. Owen and I also haven't had sex in 2 months, and I have no idea what I'm even gonna say if that comes up. I walked into my closet and grabbed an old bikini and walked into the bathroom. It might be a miracle if this fit. I put it on and it fit, but I don't know. My thighs and breasts were much bigger than they were before, and I feel like you could see it in my stomach too. I hated it. Owen could just swim with the girls, I could just watch them. It wasn't that big of a deal.
"Hey Amelia where are the swim diapers?" Owen said as he opened the bathroom door. Shit.
"Hey," he said as he walked to the doorframe.
"I'll do it," I said and threw a t-shirt on quickly.
"Okay," he said. I took Ellie from him and walked down to her nursery. I changed her diaper and put her in a blue swimsuit.
"Mama?" Kamryn said as she walked into the nursery.
"Yeah?" I smiled.
"Are you almost ready?" She asked.
"Yeah give me a few minutes," I said and picked Ellie up.
"Ellie is so cute," she smiled.
"She is isn't she?" I chuckled.
"Yeah," Kamryn smiled, "can I try to teach her how to swim?"
"Im not so sure that would be a good idea since she's only 2 months old," I said.
"Oh okay," she frowned.
"You'll get plenty of pool time with Ellie," I chuckled, "but she might not like the water today, we'll probably have to ease her into using the pool."
"Okay," Kamryn nodded. She went downstairs and I walked back into the bedroom.
"Hey you ready?" Owen asked.
"Oh uh well Ellie might not like the water so I figured I could set up her play pen outside," I said.
"Why don't you want to swim?" He asked.
"I uh," I said, "I didn't say that."
"It was heavily hinted at," he said, "what's wrong?"
"Nothings wrong," I said. I put Ellie down in her crib so I could use the bathroom. Owen followed me and I sighed.
"I just don't want to," I said.
"Amelia," Owen said. I bit my lip and looked at him.
"You know why," I said.
"Well, if you are referring to this 'baby weight' I don't see it, I think you're perfect just the way you are and you don't have to worry about anything," he said.
"Are you sure?" I said.
"Amelia, I love you for you, I think you are perfect just the way you are, even if your body changed a little, even though I don't see a difference at all because you're absolutely perfect, I love you," He said and kissed me.
"Okay," I said.
"Okay?" He said, "I think you're hot anyway, imaginary baby weight or not."
"Shut up," I chuckled.
"It's true," he said and kissed me again, "I love you."
"I love you too," I said.
"So let's have a good day with the kids okay?" He smiled.
"Okay," I smiled, "sounds like a plan."
"Okay?" He said and kissed me again, "you're beautiful just the way you are."
"I look different," I said in a small voice.
"You are the same Amelia Shepherd that I know and love," he said, "don't let it ruin the day." I nodded and he pulled me into a hug. I walked back out and he picked up Ellie and I smiled.
"Do you think she'll like the pool water?" He said.
"I'm not sure," I chuckled, "she might throw a fit."
"Mama! Daddy!" Kamryn said as she ran up the stairs and into our room.
"Are you ready now?" She pouted.
"Yes we're ready," I chuckled. The four of us walked downstairs and out to the pool. I was trying so hard not to feel insecure but it was so hard.
"Kammie you need to put sunscreen on," I said.
"Mama I don't want sunscreen," she complained.
"Then you can't go in the pool," I chuckled. She reluctantly walked over to me and I sprayed her with sunscreen. I watched Kamryn jump in the pool and I looked over at Owen who was putting on Ellie's sun hat to protect her skin from the sun. I kissed his cheek and he smiled.
"Okay I think it's time to see if Ellie likes the pool," Owen chuckled. He walked over to the steps and Ellie started crying. Owen frowned. I figured I could at least try. I took my shirt off and walked over to him and Ellie reached for me.
"Hi baby girl," I smiled and she calmed down. I rocked her back and forth and Owen smiled at me.
"You're beautiful," he said.
"I love you," I smiled.
"I love you too," he said. I looked down at Ellie and she calmed down. I took one step on the top step and she looked around.
"Do you want to go in the water?" I asked cutely. I took another step in and she didn't cry. I walked into the shallow end and Kamryn swam over to us. I held Ellie above the water since I didn't know how she would react.
"Does she like it?" Kamryn asked.
"I'm not exactly sure," I chuckled. I lowered her legs into the water and she started crying.
"Maybe not," I chuckled.
"Ellie the water is fun see?" Kamryn said and started swimming.
"Look at your big sister," I smiled at Ellie but she just continued crying.
OWENS POV
Well Ellie made it super clear today that she hates the pool water. Every time Amelia and I even thought about bringing her close to the water she instantly cried, but honestly that's okay, it's normal for lots of babies since it's a new environment. Hopefully she'll warm up to it soon. Amelia was lying on one of the lounge chairs with Ellie asleep on her chest. They were adorable. Kamryn swam over to me and splashed me with a wave of water.
"Hey," I chuckled and started splashing her.
"Mama! Daddy's splashing me!" She giggled as we started splashing each other. I heard Amelia chuckle.
"My third child," Amelia joked.
"Hey," I pouted.
"I was kidding," she said.
"Mhm," I said.