9: First Night

AMELIAS POV
We all had pizza for dinner and then everyone went home because we all had work in the morning. I was cleaning up the kitchen when I heard little footsteps. I turned and saw Kamryn.
"Hey what's up?" I said.
"I'm tired," she said cutely.
"Let me finish cleaning the dishes and then you I'll help you change into you pajamas okay?" I said.
"Okay," she said, "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure," I said and dried the dishes.
"Are you sure Owen isn't your boyfriend?" She said innocently. I chuckled and picked her up.
"He's not," I chuckled, "do you want him to be?"
"I don't know," she said shyly and hid her face in my chest.
"Okay well let's go get you changed for bed okay?" I said.
"Okay," she said. She ran down to her room and I followed her.
"Since it still smells like paint do you want to sleep in my room tonight?" I asked. A big smile appeared on her face and I smiled too.
"Can my elephant come?" She asked.
"Of course," I said. I changed her into pajamas and we walked down to my room. I changed and brushed my teeth in the bathroom and when I came out she was watching cartoons on my TV.
"Hi," she smiled.
"Hi," I said.
"Amelia will I go to school here?" She asked.
"Yup, I'm going to transfer you to the school that Zola and Bailey go to," I said.
"What about Ellis?" She asked cutely.
"Well ellis is little, she isn't old enough for school," I said.
"So where does she go?" She asks.
"Well when Auntie Mer goes to work, she brings ellis to the daycare at the hospital, with all the other kids, and a bunch of toys and games, and really nice nurses," I said.
"But I go to school right?" She said.
"Yup, you'll continue kindergarten," I said, "I'm going to work on that tomorrow okay?"
"Okay," she nodded.
"Do you like it here?" I asked. She nodded and snuggled into me.
"I'm glad baby," I said softly. She had her head in my lap and she was hugging her elephant. She was fixated on my TV screen and she was adorable.
"I love you," she said sleepily. I couldn't contain my smile.
"I love you too," I said.
"Good night," she said softly.
"Good night," I said. I lifted her off my lap and she snuggled into the pillow next to me and I pulled the covers over her. I grabbed my phone and texted Maggie and Meredith.
"Thank you guys for a good day today! She loves her room and the kids! Best sisters ever :)," I sent.
"Aw you're welcome, I'm glad she loves it," Maggie sent.
"Me too! The kids love her, Zola can't stop asking when she can play dolls with her again," Meredith sent.
"Also guess what," I sent.
"You made out with Owen," Meredith sent.
"Okay yes but that's not what I'm talking about," I sent.
"Something with Kamryn?" Maggie sent.
"She said I love you, it was so cute and sweet," I sent.
"AW," Meredith sent.
"That's adorable," Maggie sent.
"Okay but Owen," Meredith sent.
"Yeah okay we kissed," I sent.
"He likes you," Maggie sent.
"I know he told me," I sent.
"You two are too complicated for me," Meredith sent. Maggie agreed and I chuckled. I plugged my phone in for the night and I shut my TV off. It was only 8:30 but honestly I was tired, Kamryn's room was a lot of work, but it was certainly worth it. I kissed her forehead before shutting my lamp off and falling asleep.
-
"Amelia," I heard a sweet little voice say.
"Hm?" I rolled over and saw Kamryn awake, "Good morning."
"Good morning," she said, wide awake. I looked at the clock and it was 7am.
"It's so early," I chuckled.
"I'm sorry," she said.
"No it's okay," I said, "did you sleep good?"
"Yeah," she giggled.
"Do you want breakfast?" I asked. She nodded and got up and ran into the kitchen.
"Ugh," I groaned, "so tired." I got up and walked into the kitchen and made Kamryn a bowl of cereal and myself a cup of coffee.
"What do you want to do today?" I asked as I yawned.
"I don't know," Kamryn said cutely, "can we see Zola?"
"Sure, I'll call Auntie Mer and see what they're up to today," I said.
"Is she your sister?" She asked.
"Remember my brother?" I said. She nodded.
"Meredith married him, so he was Zola, Bailey, and Ellis's dad," I said.
"Okay," she said. She seemed upset.
"Is something wrong sweetheart?" I said and put my coffee mug down.
"Well if she's my Auntie, do you want me to call you mommy?" She asked.
"Well," I shrugged, "I don't know, it's up to you. You don't have to call me mommy, you can just call me Amelia, or you can think about it."
"Can I call you mama?" She asked quietly.
"Sure," I said.
"Because it's different from my foster and birth mommy," she said.
"I like it," I smiled.
"You do?" She said.
"Yeah," I said.
"Okay," she said, "I have a nickname too."
"What is it?" I said acting surprised.
"Kammie," she said. She was adorable. I picked her up and kissed her cheek.
"I love you Kammie," I said.
"I love you too mama!" She smiled and I smiled big. My phone buzzed and it was the social worker.
"I'm emailing Kamryn's files from her old school for you to transfer her," Cauldwell sent.
"Thank you!" I sent. I called the school last night and they said if I email everything over they would admit her into the district and would meet with us Monday morning.
"I got your school paper work so hopefully you can start on Monday," I said.
"Okay," she said softly. She seemed like she didn't want to go.
"I thought you liked school," I said.
"I do," she said softly.
"Then why are you upset?" I asked and sat down next to her.
"What if the kids are mean like Jamie?" She said quietly.
"Oh baby, the kids aren't going to be mean, Zola and Bailey go there, and they're super nice," I said, "and when you went to your other school weren't all the kids nice?" She nodded.
"You have nothing to worry about, if the kids were mean Zola wouldn't love it would she?" I said.
"No," she said quietly.
"Exactly," I said, "I wouldn't send you there if you weren't safe okay? I promise."
"Okay," she said.
"But we have two whole days together until you start school okay?" I smiled.
"Okay," she said.
"So you want me to see if you can hangout with Zola, Bailey and Ellis?" I asked. She nodded.
"Okay," I said and hugged her, and suddenly I was so worried about school.