51: First Trimester

1 month later
AMELIAS POV
I was now 3 months pregnant. My baby bump was still pretty small, you couldn't really tell I was pregnant yet. Now that I'm almost in the second trimester Carina said we can start telling more people because my pregnancy is more stable. Only Maggie and Meredith know besides Owen and Kamryn. Tonight, both our moms were coming over tonight for dinner and we were going to tell them. I just got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I brushed my teeth and spit out my toothpaste in the sink. I walked into the bedroom and Owen was still snuggled in the bed. He had a later shift and Is as going to drop Kamryn off at school.
"Hi," he said.
"Hi," I smiled and walked into the closet.
"Are you excited for later?" He said.
"Yeah," I smiled, "I can't wait to see their reactions."
"Me too," he said and got up. He followed me into the closet and kissed me softly.
"I love you," he said sweetly as he kissed my cheek.
"I love you too," I smiled. I got dressed and walked into the kitchen where Kamryn was packing her bag.
"What do you want for breakfast miss Kamryn?" I asked as I started my coffee maker.
"Waffles!" She giggled.
"Alright," I smiled and popped two waffles into the toaster.
"What do you have coming up in school today?" I asked.
"We're doing a science lesson today," she said, "see?" She handed me a piece of paper from her teacher. I read it and it said they were doing mini science experiments today.
"Sounds like fun!" I said, "you'll have to tell daddy and I all about it when you get home."
"Yup," she said as I handed her the plate of waffles.
"Did I tell you both grandmas are coming over tonight?" I said. She nodded.
"Are we telling them about the baby?" She asked cutely.
"We are," I smiled.
"How much longer until the baby is here?" She pouted, "I don't even see it!"
"Well we're only a third of the way there," I said, "it's at its small stage right now." I lifted my shirt just over my stomach and you could see my bump, it was just small.
"See? The baby is right in here," I said.
"Cool," she said as her face lit up, "will the baby hear me?"
"Sure," I said, not knowing if that was true.
"Hi baby," she giggled, "I'm your older sister!" I smiled and kissed her head.
"Your little brother or sister is so excited to meet you in a few months," I smiled. Owen walked in and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Good morning to my two beautiful ladies," Owen smiled and kissed me.
"Good morning daddy," Kamryn said.
"Good morning princess," Owen said and picked her up, "are you all ready for school." She nodded.
"They're having science day today," I said and kissed Owen's cheek.
"Ooh sounds exciting," Owen said. I smiled and walked over and took Owen's cup of coffee out of the coffee maker. I missed coffee. I only had it every once in a while because it was bad for the pregnancy. He grabbed the cup from me and smiled.
"Thank you honey," he said.
OWENS POV
Both of our moms were coming over soon. Kamryn was so excited to tell them about how she was going to be a big sister.
"Owen!" Amelia called from the bedroom.
"I'll be right back," I said to Kamryn who was watching TV with me.
"Okay," she said. I got up and walked into the bedroom.
"What's up?" I said.
"My jeans don't fit," she said.
"None of them?" I said.
"Nope," she said frustrated and threw a pair on the bed, "they fit last week!"
"Amelia it's okay," I said.
"No it's not," she said, and I could tell she was really upset, definitely the pregnancy hormones. It's rough getting used to them. I walked over and wrapped my arms around her. She started crying and I rubbed her back.
"I hate these stupid hormones!" She complained.
"Okay, shhh it's okay," I said and kissed her head, "let's find something okay?"
"Okay," she said and we looked in our closet.
"What about this pair of jeans?" I said.
"I already tried them," she sniffled.
"Okay," I said.
"Oh maybe this pair will work," she said and grabbed one off the shelf.
"See," I said, "it's all okay." She put the pair of jeans on and threw a shirt on.
"Does this look okay?" She asked.
"Yes," I said, "you're beautiful, and you're carrying our precious child." She smiled and kissed me.
"Okay," she giggled, "thanks." We walked back out to the living room and Kamryn was still watching cartoons. Amelia sat down next to Kamryn and she cuddled up next to her. They were so cute.
AMELIAS POV
I was so nervous to tell our moms. I don't know why but I was. We were letting Kamryn do it. During dinner Kamryn was going to tell them how excited she was to be an older sister. She was so excited to do it, it was adorable. I set the dinner table and the doorbell rang. I opened it and smiled.
"Mom!" I smiled, "Evelyn! So good to see you guys." They both hugged me and then Owen, and then Kamryn. Owen was taking dinner out of the oven.
"Perfect timing," Owen smiled. The five of us sat down for dinner and I smiled at Kamryn.
"So mom how have you been?" I asked.
"Good," she said, "just came back from Connecticut a few weeks ago, as you know."
"How was it?" I asked.
"It was good, you should come out and see your sisters some time too," she said.
"Or not," I chuckled.
"Or not," she nodded.
"And how are you?" I smiled and looked at Evelyn.
"Oh the usual," Evelyn said, "Owen I visited Megan and Nathan the other day, your sister was asking about you."
"Of course she was," Owen chuckled, "She's very nosy."
"And how are you Miss Kamryn?" Evelyn asked. Perfect.
"I'm good," Kamryn said, "I'm really excited."
"For what?" Our moms said confused. She smiled at me and I nodded.
"To be a big sister," she said. My mom looked at me and her mouth dropped.
"You're pregnant?" My mom smiled.
"I am," I smiled.
"Oh my gosh," Evelyn smiled, "congratulations!"
"Congrats honey!" My mom smiled and hugged Owen and I.
"How far along are you?" Evelyn asked.
"3 months," I said.
"Oh this is so exciting," she smiled and hugged me, "I love you guys so much."