27: Contagious

AMELIAS POV
I was scrubbing out of the OR with Meredith and Edwards when my phone rang.
"Hello?" I answered as I took my scrub cap off.
"Hello Doctor Shepherd? This is Nurse Tina from daycare, Kamryn seems to have co reacted the stomach bug and we need you to take her home," she said.
"Okay I'll be right there," I said. I cleared out my schedule and gave some of my patients to Koracick for the afternoon and walked into daycare. Tina brought me to her in the back and she looked so sick. My heart ached for her.
"Hey what happened? You feel sick?" I said.
"My tummy hurts," Kamryn complained.
"Okay I'm gonna bring you home alright?" I said.
"My tummy," she complained.
"You can take a nap when we get home alright?" I said and picked her up. I signed her out and walked out of the hospital.
"Mama," she complained. I kissed her head and put her in her car seat.
"Try to sleep on the way home okay?" I said. She nodded and I kissed her forehead. I started driving home and I looked in my mirror and she fell asleep. I parked and tried to lift her out of the seat without waking her but it was no use.
"Mama," she complained.
"I know baby you can go back to bed when we get inside," I said. I unlocked the door and put my purse and keys down.
"Mama my tummy," she said.
"Okay sweetheart just give mama a minute a you can take a nice warm bath and then you can take a nap," I said. And that's when it happened. I heard her throw up and I didn't want to look down because I knew it was all over me.
"I sorry," she said upsetly.
"It's fine just, uh," I didn't know what to do, "stay here while mama cleans up okay?"
"Okay," she said.
"And if you have to throw up again please make it in the garbage," I begged. I ran down the hall and my skin was crawling. I hated throw up, and now I had a sick kid. I took a quick shower and threw my clothes in the wash. I came back out and Kamryn was standing by the garbage can in the kitchen.
"Did you throw up?" I asked. She nodded.
"Okay," I said and picked her up, "do you want a warm bath?"
"No," she said, "I want my bed and my elephant."
"Okay," I said. I walked down the hallway and tucked her into bed, and moved her garbage can next to her end table in case she had to throw up again.
"Good night," I said.
"Night night," she said. I kissed her head and walked back into the kitchen and changed the garbage bag and walked the dirty one down the hall to the floor garbage. I came back in and Kamryn was in the kitchen.
"I can't sleep," she said.
"Do you want to watch TV?" I said. She nodded and walked over to the couch.
"Do you want soup?" I asked. She shook her head no.
"Okay," I said. I sat down next to her and she snuggled into my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair and rubbed her back to try to get her to fall asleep.
"Mama?" She said.
"Yeah?" I said.
"I need the garbage," she said. I picked her up and ran to the kitchen and thank god she made it in the garbage. I put her on the counter and wiped her mouth with a clean wipe.
"Can I have a bath now?" She asked.
"Sure, go meet mama in the bathroom okay?" I said. She nodded and walked down the hall. I took the garbage out and came back and gave her a quick bath. I changed her into clean pajamas and brushed her hair. She went back into the living room to go watch TV. I started by wiping down all the counters and tables in the apartment and I heard my phone buzz. I looked over and it was Owen. Shit we had plans tonight.
"Hey heard you went home with Kamryn, you guys okay?" He sent.
"Kamryn has the stomach bug," I sent with a frowny face.
"Do you want me to pick up dinner for you guys?" He sent.
"It's okay, thank you though," I sent.
"You know I'm going to anyway, I'll be over in 30," he sent.
"Thank you," I sent.
"I love you," he sent.
"I love you too," I said.
OWENS POV
I unlocked Amelias apartment and walked in with dinner. She gave me a key a few weeks ago.
"Owen?" I heard. I turned to see Kamryn in the living room watching TV. I heard vomiting from the bathroom down the hall. Oh no.
"Hey," I said.
"I got mama sick," she frowned.
"Is she in the bathroom?" I said. She nodded. I put the food on the counter and walked down the hallway. I knocked on the door and waiting.
"Kamryn I'll be out in a minute okay baby?" Amelia said.
"It's me," I said. I didn't get an answer because I heard her throwing up again.
"You should go home I can't get you sick," she said.
"Can I open the door?" I asked.
"Sure," she said reluctantly. I opened the door and she was weakly hanging over the toilet.
"Hey," she chuckled.
"Hey," I chuckled.
"God I feel like shit," she said.
"Mama!" Kamryn called. Amelia sighed and put her head in her hands.
"That means she threw up again," she said and got up.
"I can take care of it," I said.
"It's fine," she said and walked down the hallway and cleaned the garbage can bag and changed it. She ran out into the hallway and came back a few minutes later. They both looked so sick and I felt awful.
"Mama I wanna take a nap," Kamryn said.
"Okay baby lets go," Amelia said weakly and walked down the hallway. She came back a few minutes later and sat down.
"I brought soup," I said. She looked up and a small smile appeared.
"Thank you," she said. I grabbed her soup out of the bag and sat down across from her.
"Owen you're really sweet but I don't want to get you sick," she said.
"It's okay," I said. She started eating her soup quietly and I could tell she felt awful.
"Did you call out?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said. She ate half the soup and looked up at me.
"I think I'm going to go to bed, thank you for stopping by," she said.
"You're welcome, you're sure you don't want me to stay?" I said.
"No, please don't get sick, go home," she said.
"You sure?" I said.
"Mhm," she said.
"You know I'm not going to leave you here," I chuckled. She was going to say something but then she ran to the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and I could hear her throwing up. I knocked on the door and after a few moments she opened it.
"Owen," she started.
"Do you want to take a shower?" I offered.
"I showered before," she said, "I just want to lay down."
"Okay," I said. I think she gave up on trying to get me to go home. I picked her up bridal style and laid her down in her bed. I pulled the covers over her and kissed her forehead.
"You need anything?" I asked.
"Can you get me a water bottle? And can you just check on Kamryn?" She asked.
"Of course," I said. I opened Kamryn's door and she was asleep. I grabbed Amelia a water and when I came back she was already passed out.
"Good night," I said softly as I kissed her head.