32: Today is the Day

3 weeks later
OWENS POV
I've been so nervous to propose. It's been three weeks and I think today is the day. I'm just gonna go for it, and hope I remember my speech that I've ran through my head a million times. We had dinner plans and I was going to ask her then. Amelia was in the shower and I got up and walked into the kitchen where Kamryn was eating breakfast.
"Good morning," I smiled.
"Is today the day?" She asked cutely, she asked me that every day for the last three weeks.
"It is, but don't say anything," I said.
"Really?" She smiled, "today?"
"Yup," I said, "our secret."
"Okay," she giggled.
AMELIAS POV
I got out of the shower and got ready for work. I walked into the kitchen to see Owen and Kamryn eating breakfast.
"Good morning," I smiled and kissed both of their heads.
"Good morning mama!" Kamryn smiled and gave me a hug.
"Good morning princess, you almost ready for school?" I asked. She nodded.
"I need to pack my bag," she said.
"Okay, why don't you go do that while Mama eats breakfast okay?" I said. She nodded and ran over to her bag and grabbed her folders off the counter. I made a cup of coffee and sat down next to Owen.
"Good morning," he said and kissed me.
"Good morning," I smiled.
"You have a lot of surgeries today?" He asked.
"3," I said, "you?"
"I also have three," he said.
"We still good for dinner?" I asked.
"Yup," he said.
"Alright, I'll pick kamryn up from kindergarten and bring her to the hospital and once my shift is over Meredith said she can watch her," I said.
"Sounds good," he said and kissed my cheek.
"Mama I'm ready," Kamryn said as she ran over to her shoes and tied them. She was getting so good at tying her shoes lately, and I was so proud of her.
"Oh my gosh you tied your shoes perfectly again," I smiled, "I'm so proud of you munchkin."
"Thank you," Kamryn smiled.
"Alright are we all ready?" I asked.
"Yeah," Owen said as he grabbed his laptop off the counter. I unlocked the door and Kamryn and I walked down to my car to go to school and Owen went to work. I buckled Kamryn in her car seat and kissed her forehead. We got to the school and I unbuckled her and we both got out.
"Are you ready for another day?" I asked as she held her hand. She nodded.
"Mrs.Williams said we're doing lots of arts and crafts today!" She smiled.
"Well that certainly sounds like a lot of fun, you'll have to show me and tell me all about it when I pick you up later," I said.
"Okay!" She giggled as we walked into the building.
"Alright sweet pea, mama is gonna go to work, I'll see you after okay? I love you," I said and hugged her.
"I love you too!" She smiled and hugged me. I gave a little wave to her teacher as I walked back to the parking lot to drive over to the hospital.
OWENS POV
a few hours later
I was so nervous. So fucking nervous. I practiced my speech so much, and as I'm driving to dinner I cannot think of any of it. Not a single word. I'm trying to hide the obvious face that I'm literally shaking. I have the ring in my coat pocket. I pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant, and little did Amelia know, I rented out the back patio of the restaurant and it was decorated with flowers and lights, privately roped off. She went to walk through the front door and I chuckled and grabbed her hand.
"Where are we going?" She said.
"You'll see," I said. I walked around the back with her and she smiled when she saw the cute set up.
"Oh my god it's so cute," she said, "you did this for our dinner?" She was amazed by it that by the time she turned around I was already down on one knee. Her mouth dropped.
"Oh my god," she said, "Owen."
"Amelia Shepherd, I know I loved you from the minute I met you. You were perfect. You were my best friend, always so funny, kind, selfless, helping, caring, enthusiastic, hardworking, determined, beautiful, and so much more, but most importantly, you were perfect Amelia. You're perfect to me, you always have been and you always will be. Never in a million years would I have thought I would have the opportunity to go on a date with you, let alone being here on a Saturday night with you. I love you. I'm so in love with you, and I fall more deeply in love with you every single day. I love you more than any speech I practiced in the bathroom for weeks could express, and I love Kamryn too, you're the perfect mother. You took her in when she needed someone and I've never seen a better mother in my life, you're so caring, kind, patient, and wonderful with her, and I love seeing the bond between the two of you grow everyday, and I want both of you in my life forever, I want to love you until I take my last breath on this earth. I mean it Amelia. I want to build the rest of my life with you and Kamryn, so Amelia, will you marry me?" I said. By this time Amelia was crying.
"Oh my god of course I'll marry you owen!" She said, "yes!" I smiled as I slide the ring on her finger and kissed her. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close.
"You're perfect oh my gosh," she said, "that, this, it's perfect."
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," she smiled, "the ring is so pretty Owen."
"It's Kamryn approved," I chuckled.
"She knows?" Amelia smiled.
"Of course she knows," I chuckled, "had to get the approval to marry her mama."
"Aw you're so cute," Amelia smiled and kissed me, "I cant wait to marry you."