96: Mom Advice

the very next day...
OWENS POV
I heard the alarm clock go off and I rolled over into emptiness. Amelia got paged late last night so I was getting the kids up by myself. I was kinda hoping she'd be back by now so because I miss her but it had to have been a long surgery if it was super emergent at 3AM. I walked down the hallway and knocked on Kamryn's door.
"Kamryn honey are you awake?" I asked.
"Yeah dad I'll be down in a minute," she said.
"Okay, coffee and waffles for breakfast?" I offered.
"Sure thanks," she said. I walked downstairs and made her a cup of coffee, exactly how amelia liked it because her and Amelia were practically the same person. I popped two waffles into the toaster and she came downstairs with her bag and a textbook.
"Test today?" I asked as I handed her a mug.
"Yeah," she said, "bio."
"Well good luck with it, you'll do great," I said and kissed her head, "Are luke and Jenny driving you to school?"
"It might just be Luke, Jenny told me she still didn't feel good last night I'm not sure if she's coming to school today," She replied.
"Alright," I said, "your mom should be home when you get home."
"Okay," she said. She finished eating breakfast and eventually Luke got here to take her to school. I couldn't tell if something was going on between them, but I definitely had my suspicions.
AMELIAS POV
I scrubbed out of my surgery and looked at the time and it was 7AM. It was such a long morning. Kamryn was already at school, but I could get home before Noah and Ellie has to go to school. I unlocked the front door and Owen was laying on the couch watching TV.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he smiled as he sat up, "how was work?"
"Good," I said, "long surgery though."
"I can only imagine, you were gone a while," he frowned and got up. He came over and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.
"Are the kids up yet?" I asked.
"Nope, was just gonna go wake them up," Owen said.
"I'll help," I smiled as I grabbed his hand and walked upstairs. I opened Noah's door and he was passed out. Owen walked down the hallway to Ellie's room.
"Hey buddy it's time for school," I said as I walked towards his bed. He rolled over and opened his eyes.
"Good morning," I smiled and sat down next to
him on his bed.
"Good morning mommy," he said as he sat up and hugged me. He was such a Mama's boy. I kissed his head.
"Are you ready for school today?" I asked.
"I have art class today," he said.
"Are you excited?" I asked. He nodded.
"Yeah, art is fun," he said.
"Okay, why don't you get dressed so we aren't late and I'll make you some waffles okay?" I said.
"Okay mommy," he said.
"Love you bud," I said.
"Love you too," he said. I walked down the hallway and Owen was still waking Ellie up.
"Ellie you gotta get up for school," I heard Owen say. I walked in and Ellie was sitting on her bed and Owen was sitting at her desk chair.
"I am up," Ellie said.
"Ellie honey why don't you get ready so we can get you and Noah to school on time," I said.
"I'm trying to but Daddy won't leave me alone," Ellie said.
"Okay well daddy and I are going to go downstairs," I said and Owen got up. I closed the door behind me and looked at Owen.
"Somethings wrong," he said.
"Did she say something?" I said.
"Something just seems wrong Amelia," he said, "she seems upset."
"Okay, why don't we just go make breakfast and try to talk to her when she comes down," I suggested.
"Okay," Owen nodded. Now I was worried about Ellie. I walked downstairs and Owen and I started making waffles and Noah came downstairs.
"Morning buddy," Owen said. After 10 minutes Ellie didn't come downstairs and I got worried.
"I'll go check on her," I said.
"Okay," he nodded. I walked back upstairs and knocked on Ellie's door.
"Ellie, baby are you getting ready?" I asked.
"I don't feel good," she answered. I opened the door and she was laying in her bed snuggled into her pillow. She looked super upset.
"What's wrong munchkin?" I asked.
"I don't feel good can I stay home?" She said.
"Eliana," I said as I sat down, "tell me what's bothering you." She hugged her pillow tighter and I could see the tears coming out of her eyes.
"Ellie," I said, "honey why happened?"
"Nothing," she said.
"Ellie," I said as I laid down next to her. She snuggled into me and I wrapped my arms around her.
"Talk to mommy," I said softly.
"I like someone," she said quietly.
"Do they know? Is that why you're upset?" I asked. She nodded.
"Well honey that's okay, what did he say?" I asked. She shook her head no.
"That's the problem," she said.
"Was he mean about it?" I asked, "Did he make fun of you?"
"She," Ellie said quietly. I looked down at my daughter as she clung to me as she said it. I rubbed her back as I smiled.
"Well what did she say?" I asked.
"She thinks I'm weird," Ellie sighed, "I didn't want her to know, but I told one of my friends and they told her, and now she knows."
"Well first of all, you aren't weird okay?" I said softly as I ran my fingers through her hair, "You are an amazing little girl, and I'm sorry she doesn't like you back, but don't let her make you think bad about yourself okay?" I said.
"Are you mad at me?" She said.
"Of course I'm not mad at you munchkin, I love you, no matter who you like," I said and kissed her forehead, "I love you so much."
"Are you going to tell daddy?" She asked.
"Do you want me to tell daddy?" I asked. She nodded.
"Okay," I said, "I'll go talk to him."
"Is he going to be mad?" She asked.
"No," I said, "we both love you so much, no matter what. Always remember that sweetheart."
"Thanks mommy," she said.
"Now you're going to be late for school," I said.
"But," Ellie said, "what do I do?"
"You have other friends, don't let the other kids bully you for who you are. Be proud of who you are and love yourself, because the right people in your life will love and accept you for exactly who you are," I said, "you'll be okay." She nodded and hugged me again.
"Amelia! Ellie! We're going to be late!" Owen called.
"One minute!" I said. I left Ellie alone to get dressed as I walked downstairs.
"Is she okay?" Owen asked.
"We'll talk about it after," I said. He nodded. Ellie came downstairs and ate her waffles in the car while we drove them both to school.
"Have an awesome day you two," I said.
"Have a good day, I love you," Owen said.
"Bye mommy and daddy I love you," Noah and Ellie said.
"I love you guys," I smiled as they walked into the building.
"So," Owen said. We were still sitting in the parking lot and so figured I could tell him here.
"She likes someone," I said.
"Okay," Owen said.
"And they found out, and now they think she's weird for who she likes," I said.
"Who? Is the boy making fun of her? Her friends?" Owen asked.
"The girl thinks she's weird," I said, and then owen got it.
"Oh," Owen said, "well, did you tell her she's not?" I nodded.
"Okay," Owen said, "is she okay now?"
"Yeah, we talked for a little while, and I reassured her that we aren't mad at her, and that we love her no matter who she likes, we'll always accept our little Ellie." He smiled and reached over and squeezed my hand.
"Thank you," he said, "so the girl is making fun of her?" He seemed really upset about it and I was too.
"I don't know, she just made it seem like the girl called her weird for having a crush on her," I shrugged.
"Well, I hope she listens to what you said, because we'll always love her, no matter what," Owen said.