69: Negative Results Part 2

OWENS POV
I just scrubbed out of a super long surgery. I was hoping to see the girls and Amelia after. I glanced at the OR board and saw "Shepherd, A" scheduled for a craniotomy an hour ago, which means she isn't out. I got in the elevator and hit 3 and waited for the elevator to go down. The doors opened and I could see the daycare. I signed in with the nurse and Kamryn smiled.
"Daddy!" She smiled.
"Hi princess," I smiled.
"Ellie is sleeping," she said, "she's in the room over there."
"That's the daycare nursery," I said.
"Like the one upstairs?" She said.
"Yup, where the babies sleep," I said.
"Can we see her?" She asked.
"Sure," I said and picked her up. The nurse let us in and Ellie was fast asleep in one of the cribs. There were two other babies so I told Kamryn to be extra quiet. I took a picture of Ellie and sent it to Amelia. Kamryn and I walked back into the main daycare room.
"How is fixing people?" Kamryn asked.
"Good," I said, "I just fixed someone's arm."
"What happened?" Kamryn asked as she sat down and continued coloring.
"Hi Uncle Owen," Zola and Bailey said.
"Hey guys," I smiled and hugged them. They sat across from Kamryn.
"The boy fell off a slide," I told Kamryn.
"Who?" Zola said.
"This boy who's arm I had to fix," I said.
"Did you put a cast on it?" Bailey asked.
"I did," I said.
"Is mama doing surgery too?" Kamryn asked as she looked up from her drawing.
"She's working on people's brains," I said. She smiled as she continued playing with her cousins.
AMELIAS POV
I lost the patient. There was so much bleeding. So much. There was nothing I could go. I ripped my gown and scrub cap off and I was so mad. I walked into the hallway and saw Owen writing something on a chart.
"Hey," I said softly as I walked over to him.
"Hey," he said, "what's wrong?"
"I lost a patient," I said.
"I'm sorry," He said and put his arm around me. I sniffled as I hugged him.
"Hey it's okay," Owen said softly.
"It's not that," I said, "I took a pregnancy test this morning." He opened a supply closet and we both walked inside. I wiped my eyes and sniffled.
"It was negative," I frowned.
"I'm sorry," Owen frowned, "we'll keep trying okay?"
"I really wanted it to be positive," I sighed.
"Me too, but it's okay, not everything happens right away," Owen said and rubbed my back, "it's okay."
"It's not okay," I frowned, "I was really excited."
"I know, me too, but we just gotta keep trying alright, it'll turn out okay," Owen said and kissed my forehead.
"Some things take time," Owen said as he hugged me.
"I know but," I said crying.
"Okay, okay, just calm down okay?" Owen said as he rubbed my back, "it'll be okay."
"I'm having such a bad day," I sniffled and looked at him.
"Why don't we go for a walk outside with the girls?" Owen suggested, "we could walk to the coffee cart."
"Okay, I could use some coffee," I said.
"Me too," Owen said and wiped my tears, "you alright?" I nodded.
"Okay," he said and kissed me, "Don't stress it alright?"
"I won't," I nodded. We walked down to the daycare and I opened the door.
"Mama," Kamryn smiled.
"Hi baby girl," I smiled and hugged her, "I love you."
"I love you too," Kamryn smiled.
"Do you want to go for a walk outside?" Owen asked.
"Sure," she said, "Ellie went back to sleep, can we wake her up?"
"Let's see," I chuckled. I opened the nursery door and she was actually awake and moving around. She was moving her arms and she was so cute.
"Hi baby," I smiled and picked her up.
"Bah," Ellie said.
"You want your binky?" I said.
"Bah Bah," she said.
"Okay," I chuckled and picked up her pacifier out of the bag and she grabbed it and put it in her mouth. She was adorable.
"Daddy where are we walking to?" Kamryn asked.
"Mama and I are gonna get coffee," Owen said. We walked down the stairs and out of the lobby. It felt really good to get fresh air finally. I was holding Ellie in my arms and Kamryn was holding Owen's hand as we walked. Owen and I got coffee and we walked around the building before bringing the girls back to daycare. I signed them back into daycare and Owen was waiting outside.
"You feel better?" He asked. I nodded.
"I always feel better with you," I said.