53: Gender Reveal

AMELIAS POV
"Oh my gosh," I smiled at Owen and he kissed me. Carina printed pictures and congratulated us again. We walked out of the room and down the hallway.
"I was right," I joked.
"I knew you were going to say that," Owen chuckled.
"Another baby girl," I smiled.
"Kamryn is going to be so excited," Owen said.
"She is," I smiled, thinking of her adorable reaction to when we tell her. We walked down to daycare and she ran over to us.
"Is it a boy or girl?" She asked.
"We'll tell you in a minute," I chuckled as we walked to the elevator to go up to Owen's office.
"Why can't I know now?" She begged.
"Because nobody else can know," I chuckled.
"Why not?" She said.
"Because it's a tradition to surprise everyone else," Owen said.
"Yeah exactly," I said. The door opened and she sprinted down to Owen's office. We walked in and she sat down in his big spin my chair. I closed the door behind me and she looked up at me.
"It's a girl," I smiled.
"REALLY?" She said.
"Yup," I smiled.
"Yay!" She giggled and got up and ran over to me. She wrapped her arms around my leg and giggled.
"Is it safe to say you're excited?" owen joked.
"Yes!!" She laughed and hugged Owen too.
"Okay but you can't tell anyone okay?" I said.
"Why not?" She said.
"Because we want to surprise everyone else," I said.
"Okay," she nodded, "how are you going to surprise them?"
"With a cake," Owen said.
"A cake?" She said, "but it's a baby."
"It is," I chuckled, "but were going to get a pink cake so when you cut into it everyone will see its pink."
"Oh," she said, "okay."
"Sound good?" owen asked. Kamryn nodded.
"Do you have pictures?" She asked sweetly.
"Yeah," I said and handed her a picture.
"All the pictures look the same mama," she pouted, "why aren't they in color?" I chuckled and looked at Owen.
"They don't have colored ultrasound machines," Owen chuckled, "and it's very hard to take the pictures when the baby is inside mama." Kamryn made a face and shrugged.
"Okay," she said.
"Okay?" I chuckled and kissed her head. She nodded.

in the next few weeks:
(Still Amelia's POV)
Today we were having a gender reveal party. I was excited. Only Kamryn, Owen, and I knew it was a baby girl. Kamryn was so excited to have a baby sister. I'm almost six months now, and I'm so stressed, which is bad because it's not good for the baby. Owen and I have been looking at houses lately and it's getting closer to my due date and I'm really worried. I'm also stressed that we don't have enough baby stuff and I'm worried I'm not prepared.
"Hey," Owen said as he walked into the kitchen and kissed my cheek. The apartment was decorated in a bunch of pink and blue decorations.
"Mama!" Kamryn said as she ran into the kitchen, "can we put balloons in my room too?"
"Sure," I shrugged, "why not?"
"Yay thank you," she giggled and took a pink balloon to her room.
"Are you excited?" Owen asked as his hand rested on my stomach. I smiled and kissed him.
"Yeah," I said.
"So I was looking at listings last night," he said.
"Ooh," I smiled. He opened his computer and looked at a few.
"I like that one," I said.
"I liked that one too," he said.
"Should we go see it?" I asked.
"Yeah remind me later and I'll call our agent," he said.
"Okay," I smiled, "sounds good."
"Stop stressing about it alright?" He said.
"I'm not," I said.
"Yes you are," he chuckled, "stop stressing it's bad for the baby."
"I'm trying not too," I said. He kissed me softly and ran his fingers through my hair.
"Mama!" Kamryn said as she ran down the hallway.
"What's up princess?" I asked. Owen picked her up since that was pretty much impossible for me now with my pregnant stomach.
"What time is Zola coming?" She asked.
"Everyone should be here soon," I said and kissed her head.
"Okay," she said and snuggled into Owen.
"Are you excited to tell everyone you're having a baby sister?" Owen asked her. She nodded.
"Yeah," she said, "we should name her after me."
"After you?" I chuckled, "Kamryn Jr.?"
"Yup!" She said.
"But you would both have the same name," Owen chuckled.
"So?" Kamryn said.
"Well what would happen when I said Kamryn? How would you know who I'm talking to?" I said.
"Oh," she said, "I guess that would be confusing."
"It would be," I chuckled.
"Can I pick out the baby name?" She said.
"Well why don't we all come up with names later," Owen suggested.
"Okay," she said. The door bell rang and Kamryn wiggled out of Owen's arms and ran to the door. I opened it and it was Maggie, Mer, and the kids. I could hear my mom and Owen's talking down the hallway as they were coming. I was so excited.
-
"Okay everyone," I smiled as Owen and I were holding the knife together, "it's time." Everyone gathered around the table with their cameras.
"You ready?" I asked Owen as he looked at me.
"Yup," he nodded. We cut into the cake and together we held up the pink slice of cake. Everyone was in shock and smiled.
"Auntie Amy! You're having a baby girl?" Zola smiled and hugged me.
"We are ZoZo," I smiled.
"Congratulations!" My mom smiled and hugged me, "Kamryn are you excited about having a baby sister?"
"Yes," Kamryn smiled.
"Aw congrats," Evelyn smiled.
"This is so exciting!" Maggie smiled, "another little girl in the family!" The next few moments were filled with hugs and congratulations, I looked up at Owen and smiled. He leaned down and kissed me. I love him so much.
OWENS POV
Everyone was still celebrating, the kids were playing with toys down in Kamryn's room, and everyone was catching up in the living room. I noticed Amelia wasn't out here. I excused myself and slipped down the hallway into our bathroom. I knocked on the door to the bathroom.
"Amelia? You okay honey?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said, "I'll be out in a few minutes."
"Open the door," I said.
"It's unlocked," she said. I opened the door and she was knelt in front of the toilet.
"You okay?" I said and sat down next to her.
"Something I ate does not agree with little miss Hunt," she chuckled and looked down at her stomach.
"Little miss Hunt," I smiled.
"I think it's cute," she said.
"It is," I smiled.