39: Birthdays

AMELIAS POV
I woke up to the alarm clock going off.
"Owen," I mumbled.
"I got it," he groaned and I heard him turn it off. I sat up and pulled my hair into a bun.
"I'm surprised she's not awake yet," Owen said.
"Well I set the alarm for 6," I said.
"Why?" Owen chuckled, "you never get up before 7."
"Well today we're decorating the apartment get up," I said and pulled him out of bed.
"It's so early," he chuckled.
"It's decorating time let's go," I said and pecked his lips.
"Good morning to you too Amelia," he laughed.
"Good morning Owen," I said bubbly. I pulled him into the kitchen where we put up a banner and tied balloons to the chairs.
"We have confetti," I smiled.
"We do?" Owen chuckled.
"Of course we do, it's her first birthday with us," I smiled, "it has to be special."
"It will be," Owen said, "so what's on the agenda for today?" Thankfully Kamryn's birthday fell on a Sunday, so we could have the whole day to celebrate.
"Well, Meredith, Maggie, the kids, and both of our moms are coming over for lunch and cake, and then I was going to leave the rest of the afternoon up to whatever that birthday girl wants," I smiled.
"Okay super mom," he said and kissed me, "can we go back to bed now?"
"In a minute," I said.
"Okay," he said. I ran off to the hall closet and grabbed her presents and put them on the kitchen table.
"Since when did you get good at wrapping," Owen chuckled.
"I didn't, Maggie wrapped them," I said, "but she doesn't need to know that."
"She doesn't," Owen chuckled and kissed my head.
KAMRYNS POV
I opened my eyes and yawned. I looked at the clock and it was almost 8. Today was my birthday. It felt weird, I've never really had a normal birthday. My foster family never really cared so it was just like any other day. Mama and Daddy said we were going to celebrate today. I don't really know what that means but mama said it would be a lot of fun, and my cousins are coming over too. I got up and walked down the hallway and opened my mama's door. I opened the door and she was snuggled into Owen, like every morning. I climbed into the bed and snuggled myself in between them.
"Mmm Good morning," Mama smiled. She pushed my hair out of my face and I smiled.
"Happy birthday," Mama said.
"Happy birthday princess," Daddy said.
"Thank you," I smiled. Mama wrapped me in a hug and kissed my head.
"So what do you want to do today?" She asked.
"Aren't Zola, Bailey, and Ellis coming over?" I said confused.
"Yeah, but that's at lunch time," Mama said, "we can do anything you want before and after."
"Anything?" I said.
"Anything," Daddy said.
"So we can have ice cream for breakfast?" I giggled.
"I think so," Daddy smiled.
"Really?" I said.
"If that's what you want," Mama said, "I don't see why not."
"Okay!" I giggled.
"Well it looks like we're having ice cream for breakfast," daddy smiled.
"Let's go," Mama smiled and picked me up. I liked it when she cared me. Daddy too. It made me feel safe. We walked into the kitchen and it was all decorated.
"For me?" I said and looked at my mama.
"Of course it's for you, you're the birthday girl after all," mama smiled.
AMELIAS POV
We made ice cream sundaes for breakfast and Kamryn couldn't be happier. I was glad she was having a good morning so far. I walked over to the counter and wrapped my arms around Owen's waist.
"Hi," he said cutely.
"Hi," I smiled, "you have ice cream on your face."
"I do?" He chuckled.
"Yeah," I said and wiped it with a napkin.
"Thanks mom," he joked.
"Shut up," I laughed and looked over at Kamryn.
"Good breakfast?" I chuckled.
"Mhm," she smiled. She was the cutest.
"Well I hope this was a good start to your birthday," I said.
"It is," Kamryn giggled. It was going to be a good day.
OWENS POV
Amelia was the cutest mom on the planet. She planned a whole day for Kamryn and it was adorable. Right now Meredith, Maggie, the kids, and our moms were over for lunch and cake. The kids were playing down in Kamryns room and I saw Amelia at the counter making coffee. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.
"Hi," she said.
"Hey," I said and leaned in and kissed her cheek. She smiled and leaned up and kissed me.
"I love you," she said.
"I love you too," I smiled.
"Do you think she's having a good day?" She said.
"Yes, stop stressing super mom," I laughed, "everything is good."
"Okay," she chuckled. I kissed her head and hugged her from behind.
AMELIAS POV
Kamryn was having a good birthday which I was so glad. She told me she never really celebrated her birthday with her foster family and I feel really bad about that, so I'm really glad she's having fun today.
"Okay cake time!" I smiled as Kamryn ran into my arms. I picked her up and kissed her cheek. My mom smiled at us as we walked over to the kitchen counter. My mom and I have been getting along a lot better lately, it's nice. I don't know if it's just all the wedding planning, or that she adores Owen and Owen's mom, but we've been okay.
"Okay I think we need a picture of the three of you," my mom said and grabbed her phone. Kamryn sat down and I pulled Owen over. The three of us smiled and my mom took the picture.
"Stop that is so cute!" Evelyn smiled, "I need one on my phone."
"Mom she can just sent you the picture," Owen chuckled.
"Owen just smile for the picture," Evelyn said and I chuckled. We smiled again for her and then we sang happy birthday to Kamryn. She smiled and blew out her candles and we all had cake in the kitchen. After that Kamryn wanted to go back to playing with her cousins. I started cleaning up the plates in the kitchen and my mom came over.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she said, "you want help?"
"Sure," I said.
"She's really happy," my mom smiled.
"I know, it's so cute," I smiled.
"You're doing a really good job. I'm proud of you Amelia," my mom smiled.