103: Family Weekend

a week later
OWENS POV
We figured everything out, just like I knew we would. Jamie hasn't bothered Kamryn, and her schedule is just fine now. Ellie moved schools last week and she loves it. I know Noah misses her though. I feel bad that he doesn't have his big sister in the school now because I know how close they are. I was downstairs making breakfast and everyone was still asleep.
"Morning dad," Kamryn said as she came downstairs.
"Good morning," I said.
"Do you think I can hang out with Luke today?" She asked.
"Well, your mother wants to have a family weekend," I said.
"What why?" Kamryn said, "we have family time all the time."
"Your mother has been very stressed lately, just let her plan something she needs it," I said, "you can probably hangout with Luke tonight if you want."
"Okay," she said, "is mom stressed because of Ellie and I?"
"Don't worry about," I said. Amelia has been so worried about the kids having such a hard time that I know she just wanted to spend time with the five of us. I hate seeing her so worried and stressed. I walked upstairs to check on her and I opened the door and she was waking up.
"Owen?" She said groggily.
"Hey," I said, "Sorry did I wake you?"
"No," she said and rolled over. She opened her gorgeous eyes and smiled at me.
"Good morning beautiful," I said.
"Good morning," she smiled. She reached out for me and I grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the bed. I laid back down next to her and she snuggled into me.
"Are the kids up?" She asked.
"Just Kamryn," I said.
"Can we do family stuff today? Please?" She begged.
"I already told Kamryn you wanted to do something," I said.
"Oh, okay," she giggled, "what should we do?"
"I don't know," I said and ran my fingers through her hair.
"We should go walk around the lake," Amelia suggested.
"Okay," I said.
"Is that a good idea?" She said and looked up at me.
"Yes it is," I said.
"Okay," she smiled as she sat up. I sat up next to her and she smiled as she leaned in to kiss me. We started making out as she climbed on top of me.
"Someone woke up in a good mood," I smiled as I flipped us over so I was on top.
"Yeah," she giggled, "today's going to be a good day." I kept kissing her and she smiled.
"It is," I said.
"Yeah," she said as I started kissing her neck.
KAMRYNS POV
My mom always worried. About everything. I think she's worried we're all falling apart between Noah's fight, Jamie, Skyler, Marcus, and Ellie switching schools. She's trying really hard to plan a fun day for the five of us, but honestly I hope she knows it doesn't matter what we do, as long as we're all together. I also wanted to see Luke, which sucked but my dad said maybe I could see him tonight for a little while.
"Good morning," my mom smiled as she walked downstairs with my dad.
"Morning," I said.
"Good morning mommy," Noah said.
"Good morning," Ellie said.
"Good morning everyone," my mom said.
"So your mother and I decided that it would be fun to go down to the lake today and have a family picnic, what do you guys think?" My dad asked.
"Sounds good," I said.
"Yeah," Noah and Ellie agreed.
"Daddy can we bring the frisbee?" Noah asked.
"Of course we can buddy, there's a big open field so you can bring whatever outdoor toys you want," my dad said.
"Can we skooter?" Ellie asked.
"Sure," my mom said.
OWENS POV
Amelia was adorable. I know it was super important to her that we had a family day today. Everyone was upstairs getting dressed and ready.
"Owen," Amelia called from the closet.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Come here," she said. I walked into the closet and she was wearing skinny jeans and one of my sweatshirts.
"Is this cute?" She said.
"Yes you look very cute," I said and walked over to her.
"You have cute sweatshirts," she giggled.
"Anything looks cute on you," I said and pecked her lips.
-
We were now at the lake and we finished eating lunch. Ellie was riding her skooter around one of the paths next to us and Noah and I were throwing the frisbee. Kamryn and Amelia were back sitting on the blanket talking.
"Good catch bud," I smiled as he caught the frisbee.
"Thanks daddy," he said as he threw it back to me. I caught it and I turned and looked over at Amelia. She smiled and gave me a little wave which was adorable.
"Ellie come play frisbee with us," Noah said.
"Okay," Ellie said, "daddy where can I put my skooter?"
"You can just put it on the grass and we can pick it back up later," I said.
"Okay," she said and ran over to us. We continued throwing the frisbee.
AMELIAS POV
"So how are you and Luke?" I asked as I was sitting next to Kamryn on the picnic blanket.
"Good," she said.
"That's it? Good?" I chuckled.
"What else would you like me to say?" She chuckled.
"I don't get any details?" I chuckled.
"I mean you already know he kissed me before we went out," she said, "we aren't doing anything else besides hanging out and going on dates."
"I know that," I chuckled, "Jenny's still cool with it?" Kamryn nodded.
"Yeah she is, she still can't believe that there's a side of Luke that's actually polite and a gentleman," She chuckled.
"Well that's all brothers," I said, thinking of Derek.
"Yeah," she said, "but he's really great. I like him a lot."
"See I never knew you liked him," I said, "I never even had a suspicion!"
"Well I wasn't trying to make it obvious since I was over Jenny's all the time," She chuckled and I laughed.
"You did a good job," I chuckled and we watched Owen and Noah and Ellie play with the frisbee. Today was a good day.
-
"Amelia do you know how to throw a football?" Owen chuckled as he handed me a football. Owen and Noah somehow got Kamryn and I to join Ellie and them in playing football, which Kamryn and I were a lost cause.
"Of course I know how to throw a football Owen don't be ridiculous," I joked as he walked over to me.
"Look throw it like this," he said and showed me.
"Okay," I said.
"See Ellie and Kamryn are on your team so you should probably throw it to them," he said.
"I'm not stupid," I pouted and took the ball back from him.
OWENS POV
We somehow convinced Kamryn and Amelia to play football with us. Ellie had the ball and was waiting to throw it to Amelia. She threw it and I picked Amelia up before the ball got to her.
"Owen!" Amelia laughed, "put me down."
"Well I wasn't going to tackle you to the ground," I chuckled, "this was the best next option."
"I hate you," she chuckled.
"No you don't," I said and kissed her forehead. She smirked and then punched me in the chest before racing me to the ball. It was a good day.