47: She Returns

4 days later
AMELIAS POV
Today was Sunday, and everyone was home. It was nice. Kamryn was playing with her toys in her room, Owen was putting clothes in the laundry, and I was making lunch in the kitchen. There was a knock at the door, I figured it was probably just an amazon package or something, figured maybe Owen ordered something. I opened the door and I froze. Not an amazon package. Rose.
"Doctor Shepherd!" She smiled. I blocked her entry into the apartment by standing in between her and the kitchen.
"What are you doing here?" I said.
"I just wanted to see my daughter," she said.
"She doesn't want to see you," I said.
"Well how do you know that?" She said.
"Because I'm her mother, and she's not a fan of you," I said.
"I hope you know you're not her mother," Rose said, and those words always stung.
"Get out," I said.
"She's my daughter," Rose said.
"You signed over your rights when you gave her to her foster parents," I said.
"Amelia? Who was at the door?" I heard Owen said. I froze and looked at Rose.
"You're still together?" She said.
"Married," I said.
"Amelia?" Owen said as he walked into the kitchen. He saw Rose and froze too.
"I thought I told you to stay away from us," Owen said. Owen took my place by blocking her out of the apartment.
"Leave now," Owen said.
"Where is she?" Rose said.
"She's not home," I said, "Owen I'm gonna go check on the laundry."
"Okay," he nodded, knowing I was going to get Kamryn. I walked down the hallway and opened her door.
"Hi mama," she said.
"Baby you have to listen to me," I said.
"What's wrong?" She said.
"You have to stay in your room and be quiet okay? Rose is here, and she wants to see you, but I told her you weren't home okay?" I whispered.
"Owen and I are going to get her to leave okay?" I said and kissed her head.
"Is she going to hurt me?" Kamryn said.
"No," I said, "she's not, just don't leave your room until I come get you okay?"
"Okay?" She said.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," She said. I closed her door quietly and grabbed the laundry basket. I walked back out into the hallway and put the basket on the couch. Owen was still talking to Rose.
"Please just let me see her," Rose begged.
"Why don't you go home and leave this up to the courts," Owen said.
"Or you could let me in," Rose said.
"She's not home," I said.
"Where is she? School? Because it's Sunday," Rose said.
"She's at her cousins house," I said, "please leave before I call the police."
"You're gonna call the police?" Rose said and reached into her inside coat pocket.
"Please leave us alone," I begged. And then I saw it. She pulled out a gun from her inside pocket. Owen pushed me behind him and shielded me.
"Just let me see her and nobody will get hurt," Rose said.
"Go home and you can negotiate something with a judge," I said. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.
"Can't we just talk?" Rose begged.
"Put the gun away," Owen said calmly.
"Why can't I see my daughter?" Rose said and twirled the gun. I felt sick to my stomach, and being pregnant didn't help.
"Amelia can't we talk?" rose said and tried to get past Owen.
"Don't fucking touch her," Owen said. I saw Owen's phone on the counter. I figured I could reach it, but would she shoot Owen if I moved? I ran anyway. I bolted for the phone and grabbed it.
"Amelia!" Owen said as Rose pointed the gun. I called the police and Owen tackled Rose before she could shoot me.
"Hello, 911 what's your emergency?" The operator said.
"There's a crazy lady at my house trying tot she my daughter she has a gun," I said quickly.
"Sending an officer your way," she said.
"Thank you," I said. I looked over and Owen managed to slide the gun across the floor where Rose couldn't reach it.
"Just let me see her!" Rose said.
"LEAVE HER ALONE," I yelled at her, "STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HER OR I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL MAKE SURE YOU ROT IN PRISON FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!" We hear sirens and two armed officers ran up the stairs and into the hallway.
"Is this her," the one officer said.
"Yes," Owen and I said.
"Is that her gun?" The other one asked.
"Yes officer," Owen said and the police confiscated it and took Owen and I for questioning in the hallway while the other officer cuffed her and took her down to his police car. We finished questioning and the cop gave us his number.
"Call me with any questions, she'll go to court in a few days, you'll get a call to go, and the police report should be filed within a few days," he said.
"Okay," I said calmly and we walked back into the apartment. Owen closet the door and I turned to him.
"Are you okay?" We said at the same time.
"I'm fine," I said.
"Me too," he said. I pecked his lips and then ran down the hall to Kamryn. I opened her door and I saw her small body hiding under the covers.
"Kammie," I said softly, "it's okay you can come out." Her small head peaked over the blankets and she was crying.
"Hey, hey it's okay," I said softly and wrapped her in a hug.
"It's okay mama's got you," I said softly.