101: We've got this

AMELIAS POV
I was panicking. I didn't know what to do, and Kamryn was breaking down.
"Mama I cant go to school with him," Kamryn cried.
"I know," I said, "I know okay?" I wrapped her in a hug and kissed her head.
"I told Luke," she sobbed, "he knows."
"It's okay," I said, "did you not want him to know?"
"Nobody knows besides Jenny," she said quietly, "I didn't want anyone to know."
"I'm so sorry," I said. I reached for my phone and texted Owen.
"My office, ASAP," I sent.
"On my way," he sent back. A few moments later the door opened and Kamryn and I both looked at him.
"Hey, what happened?" He said, "Kamryn what's wrong?"
"Jamie goes to my school," Kamryn cried as Owen wrapped her in a hug.
"What?" Owen said in disbelief.
"He's in my spanish class dad," Kamryn said, "he knows who I am."
"Did he hurt you? Did he touch you?" I asked.
"No I'm fine he just talked to me," Kamryn said.
"I'll make a few calls okay?" I said, "we'll figure this out alright?" She nodded and grabbed a few tissues to blow her nose.
"I'm gonna go use the bathroom," she said and excused herself and walked out into the hallway.
"Who do we even call?" Owen asked.
"Owen I don't know!" I said, "the police? The judge? A lawyer? I don't know!"
"Okay, just clam down," Owen said, "maybe the adoption agency? I'm sure we can call the school and they can move his or her classes around."
"He was never supposed to come back into her life," I said.
"I know," Owen said.
"Owen I don't know what to do," I cried, "I don't know how to keep her safe."
"We'll figure something out okay?" Owen said, "we've got this." I nodded and let him pull me into a hug. He kissed my forehead and the door opened again and it was Kamryn.
"Hey," I said softly.
"Hey," she said.
"We'll figure this out I promise," I said and hugged her as Owen did too.
"You're not alone I promise. Mom and I will figure something out," Owen said.
"I love you guys," Kamryn said.
"I love you too," Owen and I both said.
OWENS POV
Amelia had to finish out her shift so I brought Kamryn with me to pick up Noah and Ellie to bring them home. The hopped in the car and buckled in the backseat.
"So how was everyone's day?" I asked.
"I passed another recorder test!" Noah said, "see daddy!" He handed me the plastic little instrument and I smiled.
"Good job," I said, "I'm proud of you. Ellie how was your day?"
"It was good," she said.
"What was something good that happened today?" I asked.
"I got everything right on my math homework," she said.
"That's awesome," I said. I drove everyone home and unlocked the front door. Kamryn went upstairs and Noah and Ellie hung their coats up in their hooks. Ellie took her coat off and her sleeve got caught inside it.
"Daddy I need help," she chuckled, "my sleeve is stuck inside the zipper."
"Okay hold on," I chuckled and got the fabric of her sleeve out of the zipper. I noticed when her sleeve game up that there was a giant black and blue on her arm.
"Ellie where is that from?" I asked.
"It's nothing," she said and pulled her sleeve down.
"Eliana," I said. She looked at me and then bolted around the house. I chased her through the kitchen, dining room, around the stairs twice, and up to her room, which she nicely locked me out of.
"Ellie," I said, "let me in."
"No," she said.
"Eliana Carolyn Hunt I will take the screwdriver from downstairs and take your door down," I said. She opened it and I followed her into her room.
"Where is the black and blue from?" I asked, "what happened."
"Nothing happened," she said, "it was an accident."
"Ellie," I sighed.
"I walked into the teachers desk at school I wasn't paying attention," she said.
"Ellie," I said, "let me see it."
"Don't touch it," she said and pulled up her sleeve to reveal a giant black and blue that looked like it just surfaced.
"What really happened?" I asked.
"I told you! I walked into a desk," she said frustrated, "Can't you just leave it alone."
"I'm worried about you," I said.
"Why? I'm fine," she said stubbornly and sat down on her bed. She didn't say anything else and I walked downstairs. I feel like my children's lives are falling apart.
-
"Daddy you get the blue truck," Noah said. The girls decided to shut themselves in their room for the entire afternoon so I was playing trucks and trains with Noah.
"Thanks bud," I said, "what color are you going to use?"
"I'm going to use this green one right here. See daddy?" He said and put it on the track.
"I see that," I said.
"Can we build a track around the table in the living room?" He asked, "then the trains can go around while we're all sitting in there."
"Sure buddy, as long as you clean it up later with me we can build a giant track," I said.
"Okay," he smiled, "I'll go get the bin of pieces."
"Okay," I said. I heard the front door open and it was Amelia.
"Hey I'm home," Amelia said as she walked into the living room and smiled at me.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she said and I pecked her lips. She looked exhausted.
"You look tired," I frowned.
"I made a bunch of calls," she said.
"And?" I said.
"We have to meet with Kamryn's principle and spanish teacher tomorrow, but it looks like they'll change his schedule so they don't disrupt her schedule. I got a court order that they can't be in the same classes," she said.
"Thank you," I said.
"Mhm," she said, "are you two building a track in the living room?"
"Is that okay?" I said.
"You don't have to ask," she chuckled, "it was just a question."
"Mommy!" Noah smiled as he came back with the train tracks, "Hi."
"Hey buddy, how was school today? Didn't you have a recorder test today?" She asked as She bent down to his height.
"I did! I passed another one, I'm almost a recorder pro," he said.
"I am so proud of you," she smiled and kissed his head, "are the girls upstairs?"
"Yeah," I said, "can you try and talk to ellie?"
"Yeah sure," she said, "is something wrong?"
"Ask her about her arm," I said.
"Okay," she said confused.
AMELIAS POV
I walked upstairs and down the hallway to Ellie's room. Owen seemed really concerned about her arm so I was gonna see what that was all about. I opened the door and Kamryn and Ellie were sitting on her bed, and Kamryn was putting concealer on her arm, well actually on this giant black and blue.
"Um what the hell happened?" I asked, "what are you doing?" They looked at each other and then back at me.
"I walked into a desk at school," Ellie said.
"It turned really purple so I told her I could just cover it for her," Kamryn explained.
"Can I talk to Ellie?" I asked. Kamryn nodded and left.
"You walked into a desk?" I asked and looked at her arm.
"Yeah," she nodded.
"You know I'm a doctor and I'm not stupid right?" I chuckled, "what really happened? Who did this?"
"I walked into the desk," she said.
"Eliana," I said. She took a deep breath and looked at me.
"Can I switch schools?" She asked in a small voice. I felt my heart break for her. I wrapped her in a hug and kissed her head.
"If it's what you really want daddy and I can look into it," I said.
"Okay," she said.
"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked.
"We were moving our desks into a circle today and Marcus rammed his desk into me and it really hurts," she said softly.
"Marcus did this?" I asked. She nodded.
"I wish I didn't like Skyler," she said as she started crying.
"Oh honey, stop don't say that. Marcus is being mean for no reason. You can't control that you like her, and it's perfect fine that you like her, you didn't do anything wrong," I said.
"Ellie," Owen said. I looked up and saw him standing in the doorway.
"Why didn't you just tell me what happened?" Owen asked as he came in and sat down next to her.
"Because I'm embarrassed," Ellie said, "It doesn't happen to anyone else."
"It shouldn't happen at all," Owen explained, "you don't deserve Marcus's bullying. You didn't do anything wrong, you're awesome just the way you are, even with your crush on Skyler. Everyone here loves you for you and accepts you just as you are, you don't need Marcus's approval, but you don't need to deal with his bullying."
"Does that mean I can change schools?" Ellie asked hopefully. Owen looked up at me and I nodded.
"We'll look into it," Owen said.
"Okay," Ellie said. I wrapped Ellie in a hug and Owen kissed my head. Lately it felt like I was struggling to keep my children safe.