28: Sick Day

OWENS POV
I opened my eyes and found myself on Amelia's couch. I turned to see Amelia making coffee in the kitchen. She looked like she barely slept. I heard her up a few times with Kamryn and I wanted to help her but she's so scared of getting me sick she wouldn't let me help.
"Hey, sorry did I wake you?" She said.
"No you didn't," I said, "how'd you sleep?"
"You mean did I sleep?" She chuckled, "no."
"We'll go lie back down," I suggested.
"I can't," she said, "I feel so sick."
"I'm sorry," I said.
"I hope Kamryn wakes up feeling better," she said.
"Me too," I said and got up off the couch.
"Do you - do you w-" she was cut off by throwing up in the sink. I walked up behind her and pulled her hair back and rubbed her back for her. She ran the water and wiped her mouth and looked at me.
"I hate being sick," she said.
"I know," I said.
"Thank you for being a big help," she said, "I love you."
"I love you too," I said.
"Did you want coffee?" She asked.
"Sure," I said. She pouted me a cup and left it on the counter for me.
"I'm gonna go check on her," she said.
"Okay," I said, "need any help?"
"Could you make breakfast?" She asked.
"Of course," I said.
"Thank you," she said.
AMELIAS POV
I hated being sick. I opened my bedroom door and Kamryn was still asleep. She crawled into my bed last night and I was too weak and sick to bring her back to her own bed. I walked back into the kitchen and Owen was making waffles. He's the best. I don't want to get him sick but he insists on staying. I grabbed a blanket from the living room and wrapped myself in it because I was so cold.
"Do you have the chills?" Owen asked and I nodded.
"Can I take your temperature?" He asked as he put a plate of waffles on the counter.
"Sure it's in the second drawer on the right in the hall bathroom," I said. I grabbed a waffle and after a few moments he came back and took my temperature.
"Any guesses?" He joked.
"100.4," I said.
"Close, 100.2," he said.
"Cute," I said.
"Mama," I heard. I turned to see Kamryn rubbing her eye and holding her stuffed elephant.
"Good morning," I said.
"Good morning," she said, "hi Owen."
"Hi Kamryn," Owen said.
"How do you feel?" I asked. She shrugged.
"My tummy feels better," she said.
"That's good," I said. I made her a plate of waffles and lifted her up to one of the counter seats. I suddenly felt nauseous again. I ran to the bathroom and started throwing up in the toilet. I definitely got it worse than her.
"You need anything?" Owen asked, I was too sick to close the door behind me.
"A functioning immune system," I said. He handed me a water bottle and a pile of baby wipes.
"Thank you," I said.
"No problem," he said as he sat in the doorway as I laid over the toilet seat.
"I bet I look so cute right now," I joked.
"You always look cute," he said.
"Oh even when I'm heaving everything in my system into the toilet?" I laughed.
"Alright maybe not then," he chuckled.
"Is Kamryn okay?" I asked.
"Yes I can see her from here," he said.
"Thank you," I said. I leaned over the toilet and threw up again. I grabbed a hair tye off the counter and pulled my hair into a bun. I heard vomit and I knew Kamryn threw up. I went to get up and Owen stopped me.
"I can take care of it, it's in the garbage can," he said, lookin in the hallway.
"Thank you," I said, I wasn't going to fight him on that one. I put my head in my hands and finally got up off the bathroom floor. I walked into the living room and Kamryn was curled in the couch.
"Hey," I said softly.
"Hi," she said. I sat down next to her and she crawled into my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair and hoped we would get better soon.
OWENS POV
Amelia definitely had it worse than Kamryn. Kamryn was asleep right now and Amelia hasn't stopped throwing up in the last 30 minutes.
"Oh my god I hate this," she said. I was sitting in the doorway of the bathroom, which was the closest she would let me get to her, handing her water and wipes.
"I'm sorry," I said.
"I don't even have anything to throw up," she said, "it just hurts."
"Can you let me hold you?" I said.
"Owen I don't want to get you sick," she complained.
"Well I want to take care of you," I said and got up. I sat behind her and she leaned back into me.
"Is Kamryn still asleep?" She asked.
"Yes I checked on her 10 minutes ago," I said.
"Okay," she said. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she leaned back into me.
"I hate being sick," she said.
"I know," I said and kissed her head.
"Thank you for taking care of us, you didn't have to stay," She said.
"Of course I did, I had to take care of my girls," I said.
"If I wasn't throwing up every other minute I would kiss you," she giggled, "because that was adorable."